Author Topic: Has anybody.......  (Read 2195 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Has anybody.......
« on: Jun 14, 2022, 11:00 PM »
Has anybody here tried these batteries or know anyone that has? supposed to fit rigid tools. how's their durability? opinions?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264953206012?hash=item3db07114fc:g:l9MAAOSwnIJfv4sO

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Has anybody.......
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2022, 07:10 AM »

The location for rainbow 0310 is China. Looks like a cheap knock off so... no thanks!!!!

smitty :tipup:

Offline Walted

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2022, 08:28 AM »
I don't know about these but have tried a couple different knock offs for dewalt. One brand was Waitley that I had good luck with although they were more hot/cold sensitive than the stock batteries. The others wouldn't even put their name on them and they were junk.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2022, 08:32 AM »
I bought some ebay knockoffs for my Ryobi and they were junk.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2022, 09:05 AM »
thanks guys. I'll steer clear.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2022, 01:38 PM »
I was going to buy a couple of OEM  LI batteries and a charger online for my Ryobi drill and sawzall. After looking at the cost and realizing that no one stocks Ryobi batteries in this town, I bought a DeWalt drill and sawzall. DeWalt batteries are sold all over town. My only complaint about Ryobi tools is I have to buy everything online. My son seems to think that Menards here carried Ryobi tools at one time, but I'm not sure.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2022, 03:38 PM »
ice dawg Ryobi is Home Depot house brand . it is too bad that Ridgid dicontinued the Octane line up ..left some folks hanging .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2022, 09:09 PM »
ice dawg Ryobi is Home Depot house brand . it is too bad that Ridgid dicontinued the Octane line up ..left some folks hanging .
The nearest Home Depot is 200 miles from me. The DeWALT drill with two LI batteries and charger was on sale for the same price I would have had  to pay for two Ryobi LI batteries with a charger. Kind of the bad part of living in a town of about 30 000,  but no one is robbing gas stations and no one is getting shot around here. It seems the gas stations are robbing us.  :o

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2022, 09:13 AM »
ice dawg Home Depot would ship to my home both of those items the Dewalt and Ryobi .. Is that an not option for you as well?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #10 on: Jun 17, 2022, 10:17 AM »
ice dawg Home Depot would ship to my home both of those items the Dewalt and Ryobi .. Is that an not option for you as well?
It is, but I can buy the other brands locally and I prefer to shop locally when I can. I have Menard's, Running's, and TSC here . They seem to sell most tools other than Ryobi. Harbor Freight has a store here also.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2022, 08:18 AM »
Steer clear of anything you need to use more than for very light duty and only once from Harbor Freight. Their AA/AAA and other sizes aren’t worth the gas to go get if they were free.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 2022, 08:22 AM »
I have not had much luck with harbor freight stuff except the powder paint and my favorite item i got from there was the electric chainsaw sharpener.it works great and i can sharpen 6 chains very fast..i also like the 100$ predator 6.5 engines they sell.the plastic welder is decent too.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 2022, 12:36 PM »
I have heard that Harbor Freight batteries suck. I use Rayovac batteries. As good as any, but a little cheaper.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #14 on: Jun 21, 2022, 01:41 PM »
Eveready. The Energizer Bunny says so.

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 22, 2022, 06:56 PM »
 ;D
The nearest Home Depot is 200 miles from me. The DeWALT drill with two LI batteries and charger was on sale for the same price I would have had  to pay for two Ryobi LI batteries with a charger. Kind of the bad part of living in a town of about 30 000,  but no one is robbing gas stations and no one is getting shot around here. It seems the gas stations are robbing us.  :o
;D You must be in Watertown. I'm from Rosholt and considering moving back to S.Dak. The scum is creeping in on Casper and I'm it's not the same town it was in the late 80's...so it's an advantage to live in the tools eh!  ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #16 on: Jun 22, 2022, 09:08 PM »
;D ;D You must be in Watertown. I'm from Rosholt and considering moving back to S.Dak. The scum is creeping in on Casper and I'm it's not the same town it was in the late 80's...so it's an advantage to live in the tools eh!  ;D
I'm in Aberdeen. Nothing wrong with living in the sticks. We moved to Greeley, Colorado in 1972 and moved back here in 1977. Too crowded out there for us. I can't imagine what it is like out there now. We loved the mountains, but hated the crowds and standing in line to do anything. A certain type of people out there would steal anything that wasn't nailed down.  :whistle: :%$#!:

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2022, 12:32 AM »
I'm in Aberdeen. Nothing wrong with living in the sticks. We moved to Greeley, Colorado in 1972 and moved back here in 1977. Too crowded out there for us. I can't imagine what it is like out there now. We loved the mountains, but hated the crowds and standing in line to do anything. A certain type of people out there would steal anything that wasn't nailed down.  :whistle: :%$#!:
I moved to Denver in 1971, and still live in a small town in Colorado. Just FYI, things have changed quite a bit….they’ve gotten even WORSE!
People moving here are loving the mountains to death, and are too stupid to know any better! Ahhh, the age of entitlement I guess!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2022, 07:51 AM »
I use Direct Tools for Ryobi and Ridgid tools. I have spent hundreds, and no problems so far. The shipping is $13 per order now, (I think), but if you sign up for EMAIL, they have sales all the time, and at least a few times a year, free shipping. I use an Octane drill I got there for $59. I use Ryobi for tools that Ridgid does not have, or that I might not use that heavily, and Ridgid where I think I might get use out of the lifetime warranty. I have heard Ridgid warranty is changing, but so far I have lifetime on everything I have , and no problems using it.

http://directtoolsoutlet.com

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2022, 12:08 PM »
I moved to Denver in 1971, and still live in a small town in Colorado. Just FYI, things have changed quite a bit….they’ve gotten even WORSE!
People moving here are loving the mountains to death, and are too stupid to know any better! Ahhh, the age of entitlement I guess!
My son and his family are visiting relatives in the Fort Collins area this week. They visited the New Beljium brewery yesterday. He's a Voodoo Ranger fan. They were there for two weeks last summer and there were crowds everywhere. He loved the drive from Estes Park to Grand Lake.  ;) His wife, not as much. :o

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #20 on: Jul 02, 2022, 02:08 PM »
I wish I could live in a town much smaller and do one trip into a market place about once a month. Sadly When I was much younger I didn’t have an eye towards the future. So I am stuck in a large city. Happily I have got things down to go to work and stores and work all in within a 18 mile round trip. The most I drive is out to a private fishing club. Sadly I have to put up with the growing ugliness of a big city. 🤣Getting worse every day!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #21 on: Jul 02, 2022, 03:47 PM »
I wish I could live in a town much smaller and do one trip into a market place about once a month. Sadly When I was much younger I didn’t have an eye towards the future. So I am stuck in a large city. Happily I have got things down to go to work and stores and work all in within a 18 mile round trip. The most I drive is out to a private fishing club. Sadly I have to put up with the growing ugliness of a big city. 🤣Getting worse every day!
Keep it safe! JDL
When I lived in Colorado I had one place to hunt waterfowl without belonging to an organization that had a lot of leased land. I hunted Pheasants on private land and never saw one. For camping and fishing   I had to buy a permit for my boat and camper for the counties I fished in. The city I lived in averaged at least one stabbing per night. One thing that helped us decide to move was when a college girl that lived several blocks from us had someone break into her apartment, poke her eyes out with a screwdriver and rape her. Since I worked out of the area most of the time, this was enough to help my wife decide to move. Getting back to South Dakota was like a breath of fresh air compared to that area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.