Author Topic: Two man shanty's  (Read 881 times)

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Two man shanty's
« on: Jan 10, 2017, 04:47 PM »
I'm debating on getting a Clam 9714 Nanook 2-Person or Eskimo QuickFlip 2 Ice Shelter. I found them at the same price with free shipping on Amazon Prime so I want to get one in the next week or two. Any advice on which one is the better one?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Two man shanty's
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:03 AM »
don't know much about the eskimo but the Nanook is one of Clams best selling houses. that is why it has been around for so long. it actually started out being named the fish trap 2 then it became the guide then finally the nanook. the one thing I would suggest thou is to look at the Thermal Nanook(9538). the one you listed is the non thermal model. the full thermal adds only 5 pounds to the total weight and the difference in price over the non thermal can be made up in propane savings as you would not need to run the heater as high or as much as you would with the non thermal. I personally have the thermal Nanook and love it. I use a single burner buddy heater and I am able to leave it on low and it stay warm enough in the house that I can fish in a t shirt and my ice bibs.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.