Author Topic: Artic Armor Question  (Read 910 times)

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Artic Armor Question
« on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Have a couple questions for you guys with the artic armor suits. Do the zippers on the bibs come only to the knees or do they go all the way to your hips to make getting pac boots easier on and off? Another question is how do they compare warmth wise compared to the ice armor gray etreme suit? I bought the gray suit this winter but don't care for the short zippers on the bibs as it makes getting boots on and off tougher. I also am regretting not getting Artic Armor because my suit does NOT have flotation..... Should have done my homework better... ???   

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
Re: Artic Armor Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:37 PM »
To the knees, and is nice and warm... but not too warm, you'll want a couple of layers under on extremely frigid days.

... but the floatation can mean the world in a bad situation!!!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Thanks for the input. I am thinking the the Artic Armor probably about compares to the Blue ice armor suit warmth wise. That suit is the same as my gray one except not as warm. Same features...

Offline highvoltagejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:52 PM »
I wear a size 12 Sorel boot and I can take my AA suit off without removing my boots. It is a bit tough but they will come off. Inside there is like a gator type material that velcros together and that does get caught to the bib themselves which can be a pain in the---.   When I go out here in New England I wear sweat pants under the bibs and I stay plenty warm all day. The bibs also have belt loops and I bought a Simms wading belt which works great on them.  Cant be too safe out there. Hope that helps

Offline Ice_Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:55 PM »
The AA suit is much warmer than either IA suit.  Trust me.
Catch.Reel.Release...R epeat as needed.

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Thanks much for the replies. That Ice Armor suit that I have is really nice just like the idea of flotation in the Artic Armor. These suits of all brands should have that Standard equipment for us fools and our sport..... ;D

Offline Goatskin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:01 PM »
im confused who does the IA suit, do all ice armor suits have flotation, and whats the difference between the arctic armor and the arctic armor extreme?

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:07 PM »
im confused who does the IA suit, do all ice armor suits have flotation, and whats the difference between the arctic armor and the arctic armor extreme?

Ice armor does not have floatation, Arctic Armor does have floatation!!!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:09 PM »
suit is very warm...a few layers and you should be fine...zips almost to the knees!!!

gonna get my girlfriend a suit also!!!! she likes it and thinks I look good in mine!!!

;)2

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Ice Armor and Artic Armor are 2 different brands. As far as I have have found out ALL Artic Armor suits have built in Flotation and Ice Armor suits do not. Ice Armor is made by the Clam Company and they have the standard Blue suit and the Extreme gray suit which is the one I have. The extreme is every warm and all i wear under it is a merino wool underwear even when it's way below zero. I don't know if Artic Armor has more than I type maybe somebody can chime in....

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:50 PM »
They do have two different types the standard and the plus. The plus just has extra stitching. I have the black suit and its plenty warm, only bad part is the back slides up if you lean forward when sitting down. Very warm, just don't wear too much under it if you plan on moving around a lot, you will get a big sticky inside.

Offline deadstick50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Extremely warm but with size 14 4e boots tough to put on
all fishermen are liars--except you and I----
and sometimes I'm not so sure about you

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:04 PM »
I know of an Arctic Armor but not Artic Armor... ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:08 PM »
sorry spelling never was my stong suit.... ;D

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:58 PM »
       how about the gloves , what ya think in comparison to the neoprine. not sure on the spelling.  but you git the picture.  the neo s  look like they would rip really eazy  ???  :(

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:17 PM »
I just went through this. Three of my roomates have an Arctic Armor suit, I just bought the gray suit (but was considering the blue because of the $) I am extremely happy with the gray suit, I got it killer deal on it ($249 from fleet farm), and I am very pleased. My roommates complain about being cold, two of them are skinny guys and get cold easily however. They bought the AA because of the safety factor, to me it wasnt a huge deal because I dont compromise my safety. Another good idea, which one of my roommates did was to buy the AA jacket, and the ice armor insulated bibs (black). They are super warm, I have a pair of them myself and I was plenty warm, I just needed a new jacket and figured since I was spending so much $ I should just buy the whole set and keep my black bibs as a spare.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:18 PM »
The Ice armor gloves are great! even the thinner pair which you can fish with them on are 100% waterproof, but not nearly as warm as the big pair, but thats what you can expect. We all have the ice armor gloves because of how warm/waterproof they are. We even use them for snowmobiling.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline willfish2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I just got back from an all day on a bucket, 20 degree day in my arctic armor black suit...the fishing was lousy, but I was warm wearing my "ice shanty"...I got the gloves free as part of the package ...they run small so XL gloves are good for "large" golf glove hands...I like the gloves, put my hand in slush and the water rolled off and never knew I was in the soup

What surprises me most is how light  the suit is for how warm it is....when I received the shipment the box was so light, i thought they forgot to ship half of it!

I endorse this product...for 319 bucks, not cheap but effective ...hope i never have to test the floatation!

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:35 AM »
     you might want to wait till summer to try that   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.