The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The war on warm water species continues.  (Read 10700 times)

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The war on warm water species continues.
« Reply #60 on: Apr 07, 2019, 05:39 PM »
And to maybe get back on track I've always wondered why for about 5 years I had to buy a "warm water" stamp if I fished certain lakes in western Montana but no one  seems to know where that money went?

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #61 on: Apr 07, 2019, 06:22 PM »
It's the upfront fee for just wanting or thinking to fish for other than trout.  Sorta like a fine.  Does nothing just pocket money.  They have no record of purpose use the way I understand it.  I always wanted to bring that up but was leery of the State Cabal. 
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Icefish MT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Apr 07, 2019, 09:33 PM »
The warm water stamp helped expand the warm water species hatchery at fort peck. Passed through the state legislature. Cost as much as 4 dozen worms. Good lord, you people really love to b***h about things but not pay for them.

Offline BobberdownMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:07 PM »
What do you mean “you people?”

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Apr 08, 2019, 03:12 AM »
What do you mean “you people?”
he must mean the people on this forum.
fish till it hurts then fish some more

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #65 on: Apr 08, 2019, 07:31 AM »
The warm water stamp helped expand the warm water species hatchery at fort peck. Passed through the state legislature. Cost as much as 4 dozen worms. Good lord, you people really love to b***h about things but not pay for them.

Original 87-3-235. Fort Peck multispecies fish hatchery established. https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/87/3/87-3-235.htm
Montana Code Annotated 2017 https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0870/chapter_0030/part_0020/section_0350/0870-0030-0020-0350.html

They are doing a great job at Fort Peck Hatchery too. 

I don't think Fort Peck Hatchery is breeding any genetically modified fish like a couple of others here in Montana are doing with the rainbow trout.  The Blue Trout which also produced the Albino Trout.  The thyroid is defunked and or not functioning properly which does not allow for the rainbow pigmentation normally found in the rainbow trout.

Now they stock these genetic mutations in California, Utah and I think for a short time in other places.  Originally the Albino could not spawn but they discovered a way to make that happen.  It is a beautiful fish.  Has several names, yellow trout, palomino trout, white trout and is now considered a rare trout.  This is not a Golden Trout.  Now my question is why would we spend Montana license dollars to aquarium and rear mutated rainbow?

Just asking as I am trying to be a good member of "you people" crowd.  ;D
wish you many hook-ups

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:34 AM »
when people say the reason that they gave up fly fishin..is because rich snooty people ruined it for them ..are turds...don't blame it on the trout.....it was magical to see a trout explode on the water..40 yrs ago..and still the same today...if the haters would ever read a book..read..or re read..the river why...I am currently drowning smelt..the most red kneck way to harvest some pike meat..but I am also casting flies and getting into spring browns,,,,yes...snooty rich trout fisherman are one thing..but to say that's why you don't fly fish anymore? means you are lazy....and have no confidence in your own skill that you need a bucket of worms and a 12 pack of beer to catch a fish....
I dont fly fish any more because there are too many pricks that look down their noses at any other kind of fishing and their guides standing shoulder to shoulder on every good hole in the Missouri from Holter Dam to Cascade on any given day.If thats your idea of a good time its the place to be.Lazy?Dragging your gear out on a frozen lake to fish all winter is a hell of a lot more work than parking on the side of a paved road and walking down to the Missouri with the rest of the elitist crowd.
Dont ask

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #67 on: Apr 08, 2019, 09:00 AM »
I remember I though I was high class when I finally learn to say "Chartreuse" and stopped saying shart-toss. @)
wish you many hook-ups

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Apr 08, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Thank God I'm not one of "you people"?
I did pay, but I live in Northwest Montana, ya know the place where the only known fish (to FWP) is a Westslope Cutthroat.
I personally like to pay for what I get.
If I fish and have to pay extra to fish a certain lake then "some" of that money should come back to that lake, Right?
The problem is in most cases it did not, or if it did FWP at least in Kalispell doesn't know or will not say.
Maybe FWP used some of that money to take Perch out of Lake Mary Ronan and sent them over to Cascade Lake in Idaho so "they" can have one of the best Perch fisheries around?

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #69 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Thank God I'm not one of "you people"?
I did pay, but I live in Northwest Montana, ya know the place where the only known fish (to FWP) is a Westslope Cutthroat.
I personally like to pay for what I get.
If I fish and have to pay extra to fish a certain lake then "some" of that money should come back to that lake, Right?
The problem is in most cases it did not, or if it did FWP at least in Kalispell doesn't know or will not say.
Maybe FWP used some of that money to take Perch out of Lake Mary Ronan and sent them over to Cascade Lake in Idaho so "they" can have one of the best Perch fisheries around?

Don't mention F_W_P or you will be like me, dodging the red dot.  :o But, it could also be people I know or even relatives pointing the red dot.  I'm not popular with any.  ;) On the bright side, Christmas is cheap, so I got that going for me.  :clap:
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Apr 11, 2019, 11:50 AM »
this thread started out with a legitimate concern..and turned into an ultimate shi? show...how are we gonna manage the fisheries? when there is such a knee jerk...uneducated...RA CIST...and depressing response....it started with a legitimate post about the current state of warm water fisheries..and turned into bashing guides....what a joke....but I think in some ways wenger brought it on to himself....as much as I agree with so much he says...hit a hornets nest..expect to get stung....no matter how solid your position..i grew up with cows...in many ways...ranchers are the ultimate liberal but yet conservationists....su re I know the whole spiel....I don't want cows degrading the slopes and water qualities of riparian zones..of course...but when you brought cows up?....its touchy....when I was young..we had 300 head on 1500 acres.. I know the time has changed...warm water fisheries management...was the issue that you brought up....not cows..or guides....cows and guides should be shared for another post....

I simply made a rational argument against some rather stupid and ignorant comments about "rich" people and guides.  I certainly do not feel stung given the source of the attacks.  Those folks are simply Montana's version of  AOC.  Selfish, butt hurt, socially jealous and prone to spout off. Not my fault they choose to be that way much less express it on line.  As I said not one of them has the balls to say those things to guide's face. I would love to be there when one of them did try it. They would be laughed off the ramp.

Have a great summer everyone.

Offline fridayfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Apr 12, 2019, 02:14 PM »
well Wenger I'm glad you got that off your chest. even though you maybe reading a bit much into other peoples comments. you have your self a good summer too.

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Apr 12, 2019, 05:59 PM »
wenger even if you are a eye sore like you claim my statements  are not personal. i have nothing against guides . my problem is adjusting to the times,people,etc. i have fished the mo for 40 yrs and cant adjust to the traffic on the river. the fault is mine not the guides.hope you have a great spring, summer, and fall. no hard feelings i hope.
fish till it hurts then fish some more

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #73 on: Apr 14, 2019, 02:55 PM »
wenger even if you are a eye sore like you claim my statements  are not personal. i have nothing against guides . my problem is adjusting to the times,people,etc. i have fished the mo for 40 yrs and cant adjust to the traffic on the river. the fault is mine not the guides.hope you have a great spring, summer, and fall. no hard feelings i hope.

Same here.  It's like when I was a kid and my younger or older bother had a bad bruise sore spot.  It's just fun to hit it or press it to get the screaming reaction.  ;D  Not that I'm evil, I just...well...OK, EVIL!  >:D
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Apr 14, 2019, 03:19 PM »
  I appreciate it and am sorry if I came off as rude. I have very strong feelings about the positive effects of guiding on our economy, access for all and reasonable management of our resources. 

Like I said have a great summer. It starts next week for me weather permitting.  If anyone sees an old  lunker of a 28ft Carver boat that we camp in up at Peck say hello...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.