The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vexilar Flashers  (Read 4053 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Vexilar Flashers
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2022, 10:48 AM »
I've seen a number of people who say they like to "crank the gain" in order to cause interference if someone is fishing too close to them. Sounds like you've seen the same thing, always good for a laugh when you mention how it actually works but they swear up and down they are really sticking it to those people who dare to fish too close to them.

Livescope in forward view does effectively do that!

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2022, 12:52 PM »
Livescope in forward view does effectively do that!
I didn't think about that... I would imagine a regular flasher with a beam bender could to, probably not with the range of a livescope

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2022, 12:57 PM »
I 2nd this opinion, I use a Garmin Striker4 portable with ice ducer, my old Marcum VX-1P is gathering dust...
Garmin has same features as Humminbird Helix with A-scope & seeing the history graph is like he said you can see a fish at your bait.
Also these modern digital finders appear to not get much interference from the old style flashers, but my VX-1P bothers those with Vex terrible, have to gain way down.
Fro the price point, I'd steer clear of Vex and go with Helix or Striker4 IMO.

Too late, I already bought the FLX-30 from a friend. He paid full price, I didn’t.

With the exception of fishing for white perch at Hathaway for 2 days this week, I’m not usually around anyone.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Mar 17, 2022, 01:41 PM »
Too late, I already bought the FLX-30 from a friend. He paid full price, I didn’t.

With the exception of fishing for white perch at Hathaway for 2 days this week, I’m not usually around anyone.

This season in particular I fished within close proximity to others..mostly in my two man(s) side by side with my FL18 and other units FL12 and FL18 ..both of the other units were 12 dg transducer while mine was 19 deg on my Tri-Beam..there were times when the interference was more and lil harder to get rid of but all was achievable . I also fished with a Hummibird Ice 55 that was 20-25 feet from me ..that I blamed for some erratic operations on my screen . This video does a good job at the reduction of interference.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Mar 17, 2022, 10:09 PM »
I like the interference rejection on my flx28 it seemed to do the trick most of the time.  Few times in 40-50ft of water it would get tough if theres a few guys nearby. If the bottom is really rocky its worse.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.