Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 5033 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Where to go?
« on: Jan 02, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Put the Cascade trip on hold. Snow and winds ground blizzards just aint fun. Got the snowmobiles on the trailer, rods, huts, ready, Fug!  oh well thats the beauty of being retired just wait till the sun comes out! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Must be nice to have choices! Not sure how far I would have to drive to fishable ice! Great luck wherever you end up going!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2020, 09:57 AM »
lendog has little wind today. roads are open .

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:04 AM »
lendog has little wind today. roads are open .

Yah today or not. 50 mph next several days up there.  I'm thinking evening bite at the Crack- :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:09 AM »
we have different weather predictions, wind looks fine today and tomorrow.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:18 AM »
North East has some options!  I mean waaay North East.  You could make the drive up to find some jumbos up in SD!
3 hours closer than Cascade.  Practice run for the big dance in Idaho...  ;D

Or closer options in WY and NE.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:21 AM »
North East has some options!  I mean waaay North East.  You could make the drive up to find some jumbos up in SD!
3 hours closer than Cascade.  Practice run for the big dance in Idaho...  ;D

Or closer options in WY and NE.

Brutal cold in SD. Brutal cold and winds in WY.  Havasu looking better all the time! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:26 AM »
Brutal cold in SD. Brutal cold and winds in WY.  Havasu looking better all the time! ;D
When taking advice from slayer, use alot of salt. Here is the brutal wind and cold forecast he is talking about

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Won’t need the snowmobiles out there!  Go for it, mister!  If we don’t get photos of 17” perch this week, I expect photos of 12” redears!  I might stow away for the ride... ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:41 AM »
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-105.92375993728635&lat=41.24012557929038#.Xg4aeS2ZPVo

The forecast for Cheyenne says breezy every day and youre SURPRISED!?!? The wind blows so much there what tree that do grow along I80 grow sideways from the wind!
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:43 AM »
The forecast for Cheyenne says breezy every day and youre SURPRISED!?!?

Thats why I'm not going to Wyo.   its only 125 extra miles to go I-70 to Cascade. ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:45 AM »
this is not the weather for cheyenne, its for Laramie airport, basically the plains lakes. 

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:48 AM »

Havasu, baby...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:49 AM »
this thread. It's OK if you don't fish Wyoming or don't wanna fish Wyoming.  a lot of people check these threads and giving them false information about the weather is kind of not the point of this site. Almost every single fisherman I run into from Colorado in Wyoming always checks slayers posts. A lot of people read these threads. we already lie to everybody about where the fish are and what spots we are in, do we have to start lying about the weather too?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2020, 11:11 AM »
this thread. It's OK if you don't fish Wyoming or don't wanna fish Wyoming.  a lot of people check these threads and giving them false information about the weather is kind of not the point of this site. Almost every single fisherman I run into from Colorado in Wyoming always checks slayers posts. A lot of people read these threads. we already lie to everybody about where the fish are and what spots we are in, do we have to start lying about the weather too?

Either  way the weather up there still sucks, IMHO! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Either  way the weather up there still sucks, IMHO! ;D

You are very right, the weather up there is often horrible. ;D  that's why predicted days of calm every now and again are so important, because they hardly ever happen ;D

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2020, 11:29 AM »
I don’t get my weather reports from IceShanty.  I’m not sure who you think does that! ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2020, 12:08 PM »
I don’t get my weather reports from IceShanty.  I’m not sure who you think does that! ;D

I don't either. But you and I are tech savy, not going to get tricked by anything online. What about your 50-year-old grandpa who is terrible with computers but is trying to find info on where to go fishing or what to do. I don't know You guys do what you want on this site it doesn't matter to me. It might matter to other people that you'll never meet though. If you're not in slayer's inner circle then you don't know what a lot of his posts mean. And can be very confusing for people that are not in the know. And unfortunately he is by far the most popular and followed figure on all Colorado fishing boards, or fortunately.

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2020, 12:44 PM »
And unfortunately he is by far the most popular and followed figure on all Colorado fishing boards, or fortunately.

Hes the Jim Jones of ice fishing!   :bow:

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2020, 12:57 PM »
I don't either. But you and I are tech savy, not going to get tricked by anything online. What about your 50-year-old grandpa who is terrible with computers but is trying to find info on where to go fishing or what to do. I don't know You guys do what you want on this site it doesn't matter to me. It might matter to other people that you'll never meet though. If you're not in slayer's inner circle then you don't know what a lot of his posts mean. And can be very confusing for people that are not in the know. And unfortunately he is by far the most popular and followed figure on all Colorado fishing boards, or fortunately.
Well, I know the man and while I'm certainly not part of his inner circle I'll give him props for putting in the miles and the hours and he can out-fish me maybe ninety days out of a hundred. Why should he turn all his cards face up for the lurkers on this site? Personally, I'm a liar from A to Z when it comes to accurate information on any aspect of actual fishing.
Theory, sure. Opinions, okay. Facts, no way.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:11 PM »
Well, I know the man and while I'm certainly not part of his inner circle I'll give him props for putting in the miles and the hours and he can out-fish me maybe ninety days out of a hundred. Why should he turn all his cards face up for the lurkers on this site? Personally, I'm a liar from A to Z when it comes to accurate information on any aspect of actual fishing.

Preach it!  The best Fishermen I know in both CO and NY speak in code on the interweb.  Those who cant keep it under their hat dont get to hang with the big boys.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:12 PM »

I know him too and he is given me great information offline. And he's always been nice to me and he never says anything snarky, even after I post that I think his posts are misleading. He still nice. I don't think there's any debate that Slayer fish is a awesome fisherman with more miles and lakes under him than almost all of us on this board. I aspire to learn as much as he knows. And I don't mind that he doesn't tell me anything. I prefer no information to intentionally misleading information.  Also, in terms of people that have helped me out, you stinky might be my biggest hero. Without lending me your auger last year I wouldnt have been able to fish last season. it was incredibly generous, and you didn't have to do it. You didn't know me at all and you still helped me out. I have said it before and I'll say it again, thank you very much. That loan gave me and my daughter, and me and my dog hundreds of hours of fishing together time in the outdoors

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:14 PM »
Lakers

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Preach it!  The best Fishermen I know in both CO and NY speak in code on the interweb.  Those who cant keep it under their hat dont get to hang with the big boys.

then get off these public boards and text each other. what the heck is the point of being on a public board?

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:30 PM »
then get off these public boards and text each other. what the heck is the point of being on a public board?

Specifically, to raise your blood pressure.  If you have a problem with the nature of other peoples usage of an internet message board you can always....  ignore it.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:35 PM »
good thing all my activities are high stress situations. My resting heart rate is like a high performance athlete, except I'm not. in fact I'm the furthest thing from. Years of Brazilian jujitsu, skydiving, poker, travel to third world countries, and dealing with people in online forums  ;D

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2020, 01:37 PM »
Specifically, to raise your blood pressure.  If you have a problem with the nature of other peoples usage of an internet message board you can always....  ignore it.

this is good advice...will heed.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Cmon guys, wheres the love? ??? ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.