The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Hand auger extension?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Flagrunner85

• IceShanty Rookie
Hand auger extension?
« on: Jan 07, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Hi all. I’m pretty new to the forum here and I have found a ton of knowledge from fellow users.

My question is do they make an auger extension for a hand auger?

I have an Eskimo 8” hand auger and I am running it on an Ice Kicker II. That set up runs like a champ and easily cuts through a foot of ice or more. The only issue I have with the setup is that with thick ice you have to bend over pretty far before the auger actually cuts through the ice.

I know they make extensions for gas augers. It looks like these set up have a 7/8” (.875”) drive shaft. Unfortunately that type of extension is too large for my set up. On my auger I have measured it with a digital micrometer and it’s .69”/.70”

Any information on where an extension can be found would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,
Matt

Offline TT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hand auger extension?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2018, 03:30 PM »
try Fish307.com

Offline toddmaralee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Did you ever find a way to use an extension on your 8" auger?  I'm in the same boat.

Offline Yachtzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Clam make a 16" that may work. Bass Pro has it for $15.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2019, 03:31 PM »
The extension for my Ion fit my Mora.  I'm not sure what auger you have but that might be an option.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2019, 12:23 PM »
I bought the clam extension and it works pretty well, I'm using it on a 6" lazer auger with a clam plate.

Offline Flagrunner85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2019, 10:38 AM »
I bought the clam option after looking around. I think I either got it on amazon or farm and fleet. It was like $20 plus shipping. Makes using the Ice Kicker 2 ( think clam plate but it has a gear reduction inside  to lessen the stress on your drill motor) so much better. With the extension it makes running my drill auger compareable in height to a gas auger.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2019, 02:12 PM »
There are several brands of extensions for hand augers, and they all fit universaly. They are almost a must have with a drill setup. Problem is finding one this time of year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.