Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Big Manistique help

(1/3) > >>

bubbagill:
Hello my name is Chris but everyone calls me bubba,. I am planning on making one last run north for the season and I have a few questions maybe one of you can help me with.
  Are people driving trucks out still?  I am hoping to be able to drive out in 10 days when I'm up.  Much snow on the ice?    Also how is the walleye and perch bite been?  I've caught two walleye up there before and it was the coolest thing I was so excited.  Where I come from a guy has a better chance of seeing Sasquatch riding a unicorn than catching keeper walleye consistently.  Thanks in advance for your help folks. Not looking for hot spots, I'm happy to find my own way.  Basically just looking for a general report on ice and fishing.

bubbagill:
Bump. 

gschuetter:
Bubba, yes there were trucks driving around the areas we fished over the weekend on the northwest side of the Big Lake.  We had about 24" of ice on average.  I was out on Sunday and may 4-8" of wet heavy snow, but still pretty easy to get around.  The perch and walleye bite have been extremely slow for us the past number of weeks, but should pick up through the end of the season.  Good luck

TCcrawdad:
Well I was on south manistique this weekend, not the big lake I know, but as far as ice there was a lot. no trucks on it but you could've. The bite was good for us, lots of hammer handles, but we managed 9 keeper eyes on Saturday with quite a few throwbacks. Hope this helps.

bubbagill:
Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.  When we were up in January we fished Wolf's bay on the south lake and got a few walleye on flags the bite was pretty rough but the weather was brutal so I am sure that didn't help.  Are they still picking up a few on Wolf's bay or have they moved out? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version