Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

shappell bay runner 2

(1/3) > >>

yooperdave:
anyone ever use this shanty. my son wants  one for christmas, the true value in calumet has one built and on display so i am going to go look at it.

3300:
i fished next to a man who liked his. it's a crossover from their cabin to flip over. being in it in winds would make me nervous.
also the slip protection on your boots could pose to be a problem ie: micro spikes. i quit using mine right away in part because it will destroy this type of floor and this floor is in my shappell dx3000.

some info on the bay runner
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=260819.0

www.shappell.com/iceshelters/bayrunnersledcabin.html

One Year Warranty
Model:   BR1000
Style:  Sled Based Cabin
Size:    44" x 60" x 61" High, Set Up.
            44" x 60" x 18.5", Folded.
Wt:       65 lbs.

mvanhank222:
Has anyone sat in the bay runner 2 it looks like the small size difference and 90 degree flip may make it fish a lot bigger

yooperdave:
i went up to the true value in calumet and actually sat in the one they had built. there really is a lot of room, 2 people could really spread out, i love the large bench seat and the shelf right in front of me for the flasher. the whole unit collapses down to 18" high. the 2 man eskimo flip over is a great looking unit also, really helps to be able to sit in them and see exactly what youre getting.

3300:
i saw two bay runners today at knutsons in michigan. i bought the only fx100 insulated they got it by mistake. looking forward to using it.

here's some shots of the bay runner 2. it looks like it was about 10 inches taller and 10 inches deeper from the doors compared to the br1. you still can't stand up in them, but the runner 2 is the one i would pick if i wanted a pull cabin. the br1 is blue walls while the br2 is black walls. also the br1 is dual floor doors while the br2 is one long door. this would make lining up ice holes easier. i am surprised they didn't carpet the tub floor like they do on all their other cabin floors. could be a fall risk with wet/snowy boots.

this is the true color. the others i made brighter.

here's some shappell FX200I shots so you can see the fabric a little better. shappell doesn't have any pics for us to see on their site.

also in true color.

i didn't take any pics of the shappell FX100I. i will get some later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version