Author Topic: QUESTION  (Read 4639 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: QUESTION
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Do they still feel the life times anymore ? .........

The only lifetime you can get now is if you're 64, its called Senior Fish-for-Life($17 & includes Trout/Salmon).
I'll be getting mine this year, the last Ind. fishing license I'll have to buy......YeeHaa.

As for loaning out a tipup or hookset I would say user(not owner) needs name/info labeled, ask the DNR.
I started a thread on the tipup forum about someone else using my tipup, if anyone wants to read others input here's the link.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=365128.msg3920068#msg3920068

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:48 PM »
If you lend a shanty to one of your buddies ........Are they suppose to have their name and address on it even if paper and taped on it? ..........

As long as the owners name is on it I see no reason why the borrowers name needs to be on it.
If he borrowed your tip-up I would say yes he needs his name on it.

NOTE: I predict one day the DNR will make you get a license for a shanty.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2019, 07:56 AM »
I agree with you Musky8it, on the Shanty license! That's called Mo Money Mo Money! Hex

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #33 on: Feb 28, 2019, 09:43 AM »
not only that but licenses for tip ups and rod n reels.  until they learn how to be more conservative with funds it will just keep getting worse.  they will always need more money and we will always take the hit one way or another.

there is still a lifetime license you can buy in Indiana.  you can still buy a lifetime carry license.  ;D 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 28, 2019, 09:17 PM »
.......  until they learn how to be more conservative with funds it will just keep getting worse.....

Maybe if the cut back on "WEED KILL" spending they would have more money for helpful fishing projects.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:39 AM »
also an entirely different concern you bring up.

weed killing in itself, I think, is bad problem.  since I don't know anything about "weed killers" im naturally suspicious to its public safety.  the more I learn the worse it seems!  maybe what they use is safe maybe its not?  then their is the homeowners that take it on them selves to get rid on weeds.  god only knows what they are pouring into the water for us to consume!  some of these poisons are carcinogenic!  your neighboring cottage could be poisoning your children and you will never know it. lets hope there aren't many of these idiots out there but think about it. lol

I was on a system I thought to be mostly natural wild environment.  back a couple miles in a creek in some lakes without homes on them.  in comes this weed spraying boat.  said he was subcontracting for DNR to kill weeds.  yuk what the hell!  how long have I been feeding on what I thought to be perfectly safe fish to consume!  how about your lakes you fish?  do you know what they dump in them really?  Im  betting you don't!

sry tad off the subject. ;D
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 01, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Maybe if they wrote tickets to the Beards for over harvesting they wouldn't have to pi$$ around with micro managing things as trivial as having identification on a freaking 3×3 flag .
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 01, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Maybe if they wrote tickets to the Beards for over harvesting they wouldn't have to pi$$ around with micro managing things as trivial as having identification on a freaking 3×3 flag .

AGREED

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2019, 12:38 AM »
Sorry OP for the topic getting way off base. I was going to call the DNR and can never remember until I get online and they're closed.

Have you contacted the DNR about your question. I think the opinion of most replies in here is the borrower shouldn't need their name/addy on a borrowed shanty but you never know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.