Author Topic: Good news  (Read 2139 times)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good news
« on: Feb 24, 2019, 10:50 AM »
I guess the good news is that the rain is gone and it's already starting to spit some snow in Fort Wayne.   The wind is brutal!!!  Can't believe we're going to have fishable ice in March.

Offline bburman90

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Good news
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2019, 02:40 PM »
This is a first in a while. This wind is killer but I think we have at least 2 weeks left.

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2019, 03:01 PM »
I definitely wasn't a believer that we would survive this system.....

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2019, 03:15 PM »
I definitely wasn't a believer that we would survive this system.....

Copy that ! And the weather next week is consistent for the most part so hopefully by next weekend the fishing will be good !

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Looking forward still for getting out. That old thread from yesterday "Hows the ice holding up..." We had 10 - 12 inches in March 2007. :o  I know I was fishing it then even though I don't remember it to much, so that had to be one hell of a winter.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Looking forward still for getting out. That old thread from yesterday "Hows the ice holding up..." We had 10 - 12 inches in March 2007. :o  I know I was fishing it then even though I don't remember it to much, so that had to be one hell of a winter.

That was a hell of a winter actually. Great ice that year.

Thats the year mother erie had 1,500 guys stranded after the coast gaurd cutter came through and snapped off a sheet of ice 1/2 mile wide and 6 miles long!
Got one goin'!

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2019, 10:04 PM »
That was a hell of a winter actually. Great ice that year.

Thats the year mother erie had 1,500 guys stranded after the coast gaurd cutter came through and snapped off a sheet of ice 1/2 mile wide and 6 miles long!

Some days I can't even remember yesterday lol ;D. I do remember that Erie situation... atvs, snowmobiles and all gear left behind while the guys were choppered out. I thought that was 2009 for some reason? I'll be hitting it this week chasing the mighty predator fishy's. As long as all is good on the ponds, I will get my kids out also. Nothing beats those times and moments. Be Safe!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2019, 02:27 AM »
Im planning on taking the boy out saturday for a meet and greet event. Gonna take a nice big hub and pin it down crank the heat and kick back relax.
Got one goin'!

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:54 AM »
Copy that ! And the weather next week is consistent for the most part so hopefully by next weekend the fishing will be good !

The weekend starts here in 3 hrs

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:09 AM »
I bet we have another one of this springs where the warm up just doesn't want to happen!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:17 AM »
I bet we have another one of this springs where the warm up just doesn't want to happen!

That seems to be the pattern the last couple of springs.
Got one goin'!

Offline Scheu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Last week, I did notice that the honeycombed ice has held its thickness and has improved in quality, on several NE Indiana lakes that I fish. However, I also noticed that there were a few spots, close to that better quality ice, that were getting pretty sketchy. Stick to the ice routes that have been consistently solid this season, and be careful if you are planning to venture out to any unfamiliar areas.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.