Author Topic: truck through the ice  (Read 3347 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
truck through the ice
« on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:34 PM »
i was watching wmur tonight and an idiot went through the ice in hancock on  nubiansit (spelling)......he claims he was driving out some coffee to his friends......8 inches of ice.......the kicker was that when he hit the ice the front tire went through and he kept on going....he probably got another 50 feet before the whole truck went through......he told fish and game he didn't even get wet........he would of played a great role on bozo's big top.......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: truck through the ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:38 PM »
 8 inches of ice. Some dopes never learn. :cookoo:

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Lucky for him he made it out.

Some people don't bother to "Think" ??? sometimes.

Offline NHJAKE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:07 PM »
You can't fix stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:37 PM »
hope he didnt spill the coffee!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:59 PM »
its pretty sad people are that dumb, soon they will raise the fines for that or make it illegall all together to drive on lakes and ponds all together. just because of guys like that

Catch A Buzz

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:01 PM »
There is a guy who drove his pick up w/4 wheeler in the bed towing a 20' camper and his kids in the cab onto alton last tuesday on 8" and less of so so ice without blinking an eye! than a buddy drove his out to the same area. and again today and when other people saw there was a vehicle out there a couple more tourist joy riding on just for the heck of it. i am sitting in the shack jiggin' listenen to the ice buckle and watching the water rise up and down the hole 2". Someones always trying to make the front page or the nightly news.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:04 PM »
only takes 1 guy to drive out and then everyone wants to , even if 8 inches is safe for your vehicle the ice varies from place to place and it only takes 1 airpocket put a tire or a whole truck threw

Catch A Buzz

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:10 PM »
You'd have thought having the front tire go through would have been enough to smarten him up... unreal that he kept on going. I wouldn't go diving into that gene pool...
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:11 PM »

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:33 PM »
the truck was equipted with a back up camera and word is on the way down a 30lb laker was sighted on its way to the bottom lmao ;D

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:37 PM »
the truck was equipted with a back up camera and word is on the way down a 30lb laker was sighted on its way to the bottom lmao ;D
i thought it was 49 pounds........lol
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Stupid people should not breed.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Vic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:55 PM »
well it was probaly another guy from mass. that does not read any kind of a board like the one we have

Offline Solid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:56 PM »
http://www.wmur.com/news/18454167/detail.html

Great, I can't imagine dragging that thing out of the there.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:59 PM »
Stupid people should not breed.
  kind of ironic but thats about the only thing stupid ppl do right ...and that just ain't right lol

you know whats real funny ..i started a thread just the other day asking for ice conditions on nubi and was told it was wide open hmmmmmmm...

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:06 PM »
6 trucks on mascoma today!!!Would not be very easy to get one out where they were its 60ft deep...16" ice there
Jig em up!

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:11 PM »
no offense to you and i guess your getting an unfair beat but its probably got somthing to do with the mass truck that went through winni last year..and i don't know if this meat ball is even from mass ..i guess his point is that its probably a person from out of state and unfamiliar with the ice conditions..unfairly blaming the state of massachusettes..

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:40 PM »
well it was probaly another guy from mass. that does not read any kind of a board like the one we have

Here we go bashing mass. people again :pinch:   

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Vic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2009, 10:35 PM »
hey guys no offense don't take it personnel but from watching the news tonite it was a gentleman from NH that went thru so again for all of you I'm sorry about that statement

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:29 AM »
To the guy that went through, put him on an island with that group of idiots that hike our mountains ill prepared needing rescue.

Seriously, at the very least these people should have their names and pictures published on the news. Would even be neat to have them interviewed on camera answering the question, "why did you do this?"

The only think that I was grateful for about this event was the media covering other "real" ice fisherman that were obviously smart enough not to go out there themselves and that they warned this person. So hopefully we are not generalized in public opinion.

Offline olrustyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • sorry to leave
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2009, 10:07 AM »
hey guys no offense don't take it personnel but from watching the news tonite it was a gentleman from NH that went thru so again for all of you I'm sorry about that statement

To late you already revealed you think your superior!

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Fishing seems to be the only sport with no referees, maybe we need one for boneheads like this.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:43 AM »

I never take offense.  I like to throw jabs too every once in a while.   ;)  I'm smarter than that anyway.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:49 AM »
good to see you have a sense of humor big ..

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2009, 04:26 PM »
no one is going to take that fish threw the ice  ::)  ;D
or perhaps i should say few are prepared enouph too

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Maybe we can start a reality show called the BIGGEST IDIOT!!!   How many times does it have to happen.  If u have any second thoughts don't do it.  The tv show could be like survivor and the winner gets a new truck or the idiots vehicle gets payed off :cookoo: :%$#!: :wacko: :woot:!!!!!!!!!!   lol   shaun

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Maybe we can start a reality show called the BIGGEST IDIOT!!!   How many times does it have to happen.  If u have any second thoughts don't do it.  The tv show could be like survivor and the winner gets a new truck or the idiots vehicle gets payed off :cookoo: :%$#!: :wacko: :woot:!!!!!!!!!!   lol   shaun
             Why should stupidity be rewarded with a new truck. What they need is a brain. :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.