Author Topic: WINNI ON CHANNEL 7  (Read 1577 times)

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WINNI ON CHANNEL 7
« on: Feb 03, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Is every one going to try channel 7 , and if so what code # , ? . I'll be in center harbor bay sat. and sun.  HUNTR-
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
Re: WINNI ON CHANNEL 7
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I just put some new AA's in my Motorola yesterday. I plan in using Channel 7 with the Code on 0.

That's 7-0. 

I'll turn mine on Friday unless anyone's gonna be up there Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be over at Waukewan, but I'm sure it'll reach.

All my gear's packed. Just need to get some food units and some Brew units and i'll be northbound Wednesday morning.

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Alright I will be sure to keep it on 9-0.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2008, 04:13 PM »
I'll try you on 7-0 friday from the water plant. good luck , hardly any one fished waukewan lately.   nobody has been to my two favorite places on the launch end. I'll be on winni , e-mail me if you want to know any suggestions on the only two gravel areas on the launch end . good luck.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Roger that. Thanks.

We'll be up off of Brookside Ln. basically on the other side of the island towards that private beach. I'll be staying there for 2 days and hitting Winni Friday.

I'll keep my ears on.

Tight lines.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Ice Shanty was represented on Winni during the derby.

I was able to connect with Huntr- and Sean on Channel 7.

Sorry if I missed any attempts on Friday Huntr-. I dropped my unit in the slush and it took a day or so to dry out. You were right on with that heads up you gave me! Right on.

Nice talking to you Sean. Sounds like you guys had better luck than Pipes, Troutdance and I. We got skunked!

Nice talking to you fellas.

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:28 PM »
FISHBACK, IT WAS GREAT TALKING TO U GUYS AND SORRY U DIDNT HAVE MUCH LUCK.  WE DID GREAT ON THURS AND FRI BUT SAT SUCKED AND SUN WAS GOING GREAT UNTIL 30MIN BEFORE THE SNOW CAME.  WHEN THAT WIND AND SNOW CAME IT SHUT RIGHT OFF.  SAT 2 OF MY FRIENDS GOT $84 TICKETS FROM F AND G FOR HAVING 2 TRAPS AND JIGGING IN THE SHANTY... I HAD TO LAUGH BECAUSE IF U ARE GOING TO DO THAT DONT DO IT ON DERBY WEEKEND...  BETTER LUCK NEXT YR..   MAYBE WE CAN HOOKUP SOMETIME AND DO SOME FISHING..  SHAUN

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:14 PM »
We were outta there around 1 on Sunday. We were staying at Bay Point, Friday and Saturday, so our vehicles and our gear were right there. We cooked a nice breakfast out on the ice by the skating rink, loaded up and headed out.

I missed a rainbow Sunday morning. I had one on but I was using a faulty trap and the flag never went up. A Rainbow was chewing on my Powerbait for at least and hour before I realized it. I noticed that 3/4 of my spool was gone. I started pulling and the fish was giving some heavy head shakes. My heart was beating out of my chest. I kept pulling and it got stuck something. SNAP!......I blew it. It was a good size fish. Weather it was tagged or not, I don't know. I was pretty much done after that happened.

I had fun. I guess there's some shanangans about some of the trout that made it on the board. I just wish I landed that fish! 5 days of fishing with NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. There's always next year....on Channel 7.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:25 PM »
 Nice taliking to you friday.I fished center harbor bay both days ,caght one tagged but only 14.5" long about 1.5 lbs. two lakers and a couple of silvers. What a zoo,but fun to watch ! I don't know which was more fun ,the fish camera channel or the idiots on ice channel out my front window !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.