Author Topic: bait ? Kingston  (Read 1177 times)

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
bait ? Kingston
« on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:10 PM »
Has anyone used the shop across from Greenwood Pond this year I wont mention the name of it. I use to use him years ago but his hours didnt go along with my fishing trips when and if he decided to show up. It sure would be convienant to trott across the street to fill up the buckett. I will be on Greenwoood in the am if anyone wants to swing by I will be picking up my bait at Merrimac Bait. I just bought an ice armor suite tonight that I cant wait to try.

Offline Derekb1983

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: bait ? Kingston
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:38 PM »
pipes you need some golden shiners

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:41 PM »
Ha you better play hookie from work tomorrow its your turn to be sick this time

Offline shuvelhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:39 AM »
 I got bait in Kingston a couple of weeks ago. I got sticker shock as they were $5 a dozen. I'm hoping to fish there this weekend and I'll be going to Merrimac for my bait. Will you be there this weekend Pipes.

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:57 AM »
ot on sat and then my shift on sun no fishing for me

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Go to merrimac bait its much better bait

Offline MTPockets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Merrimack has some of the best bait around. Another place is the little shop off 110 in Haverhill...good shiners there to.

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Had a great day on the water 830 till dark got into a lot of crappie and perch some of witch made it into the freezer. I forgot how much I dislike filleting them things

Offline seayaknh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:16 PM »
The bait at the Kingston shop is expensive and his hours are short.  Suds and Soda in Greenland on Portsmouth Ave is a great bait shop for live minnows....small , mediums and large.  Although they sell by the dozen, they give a "generous" dozen.  The other night I bought two dozen small and medium and he gave me 9 or 10 large for free.   I had no luck catching northerns, but caught my limit of yellow perch two days in a row....none of the perch smaller than 9" and the largest being 11.5.   That was some GOOD bait!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Merrimack has some of the best bait around. Another place is the little shop off 110 in Haverhill...good shiners there to.
there is no other place......merrimac
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:20 PM »
there is no other place......merrimac
I second that! Its just it would be convienant to have the option since it was right across the street. Donnie is great for bait

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:28 PM »
I second that! Its just it would be convienant to have the option since it was right across the street. Donnie is great for bait
i bought bait from costa's in the day.....his water is too warm.....when they hit the lake water they shock themselves....no size to them either.....plus the guy is never open
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.