Author Topic: Trophy Fish Patch Rules ??  (Read 1551 times)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
Trophy Fish Patch Rules ??
« on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:48 PM »
the rules on the trophy fish application seem to have some grey area's, what else is new (NH Fish and Game) my questions are.,

1 , for catch and release fish , do they expect you to bring it in alive and weigh it then bring it back to release it , or just do the length and girth mesurements. i thought it was illegall to bring live fish besides bait off the ice?

2 for catch and release fish it says you only need the person who caught it to sign the application but in the rules on the bottom of the application is says weigh the fish at certified scale with 2 witnesses to sign

3 what the hell are they talking about when they say "before the entry can be accepted the truth of statement must be attested to a qualified officer such as notory public, justice of peace, town clerk, postmaster, state or local law enforcment, or fish and game officer
what the hell do they know? they going to give you a lie detector or some crap? lol and is this required for relased fish also?

4 fish scale samples are required for largemouth and smallmouth bass , is this for both released and kept fish?

thanks for the info as always guys

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
Re: Trophy Fish Patch Rules ??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:52 PM »
you would think they would have 2 sets of rules, 1 for kept 1 for released but no they combine them all and contridict there other statments

example :
"For catch and release fish the anglers signiture above, is the only one required."

then under rules: "weigh the fish as soon as possible at a certified scale two witnesses must be present and sign the entry form"

fish and game takes 1st place in makeing rules and laws as confusing as possible

Catch A Buzz

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:59 PM »
I have voiced my opinion on the catch & release rules for a few years. Always seems to end up the same answer.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:05 PM »
what i would think, but i could be wrong is:

just the 1 signature from the angler,

no need to weigh it anywhere just measure length and girth and have the pics right where you caught it like it asks you , pic with a tape measure

and you probly need the scale samples for all entrys of largemouth and smallmouth bass

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:08 PM »
yeah thats my main concern is the scale samples , but under the general application is says length girth and then it asks you for the weight ?? i know how to get the weight from length and girth but is that what they expect you to do? not everyone knows the calculation for that i wonder if they leave it blank , guess, or estimate

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:09 PM »
sorry for all the questions but does anyone know if its a standard patch? or do they have a different one for each species

i think the kept and the catch and release patches are different to ?

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:13 PM »
i didnt know the patch minimums were so small, we could have had a crappie patch and largemouth patch in one day

bass 5 lbs 20 inches
yellow perch and crappie  14 inches 2 pounds
smallmouth 4 lbs 19 inches
white perch 3 lbs 16 inches                                                        These Minimums Are WEAK!

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:17 PM »
i do ,

girth x girth x length     divide by 800

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:21 PM »
comes out different though, weird ...its the one i use for larrys i got it off a few sites online if i did 22" and 18"girth i get 8.91 lbs

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:23 PM »
for my bro's bass i did 22.5" inches 16" girth i got 7.2 lbs

Catch A Buzz

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
Re: Trophy Fish Patch Rules ?? SCALES
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Use lateral line scale samples to determine if your fish are getting old. Flatten them, add a drop of some diluted iodine or Betadine to the scale to dye them, look under a magnifying glass Begin and count the rings, just like a tree. Bein-, at an edge and count to the middle. Do this with several scales from the same fish and get an average. Each ring represents one full year of age. Age matters. If your bass have been "stunted" for several years, knowing how old they are can affect your management strategy. Older fish may not be worthwhile to focus much time and dollars.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Only fish on days that end in y
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:40 PM »
sorry for all the questions but does anyone know if its a standard patch? or do they have a different one for each species

i think the kept and the catch and release patches are different to ?

I Have 2007 patch and it's standard...Same for all fish
The award only as species.....Location.. ..Method and length.
Hope this helps
I've done so much with so little for so long i can now do the impossible with nothing.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:43 PM »
it says all that on the patch?

Catch A Buzz

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:54 PM »
No the patch says new Hampshire ...Catch &Release trophy fish.
And you get a certifacate with the rest of the info on it.
I've done so much with so little for so long i can now do the impossible with nothing.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:08 PM »
hmm that kinda stinks you would think they would have some species listing on it atleast, you could have a trophy patch and nobody even knows what its for unless you tell them? i would want to get one for each trophy fish species i enter not just the same patch over and over  :-\

Catch A Buzz

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Just went to F&G Website......Didn't know that only the biggest fish in each catagory gets a certificate....all will get a patch.
I guess the paper cost to much.

Offline NH Fishin Fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:16 PM »
hmm that kinda stinks you would think they would have some species listing on it atleast, you could have a trophy patch and nobody even knows what its for unless you tell them? i would want to get one for each trophy fish species i enter not just the same patch over and over  :-\

Must cost too much to have "Bass" or "Trout" listed on the patch. Maybe we should suggest it to them, maybe they didn't think of it.  ???

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:20 PM »

In think in Mass you get a pin of the species.....Now that would be pretty cool.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Once you send in the application, they will send you a letter and a patch. This patch is basic, Catch and Release Trophy Fish Program with an emblam on it. The letter states they received the app and the winners will be notified Feb 2010 for the 2009 winners. For Catch and Release you just need to fill out the info, sign and send in. If you place, they send you another patch and a certificate around Feb the following year.

Good luck, hope you place one
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:34 PM »
SS The second patch have the species on it.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:41 PM »
sweet, I am hoping to place for brook trout this year, we will see.........
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:59 PM »
SS The second patch have the species on it.

thats pretty cool i guess then

Catch A Buzz

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:01 PM »
SS i worded that wrong ..............did the second patch have the species.........Cuz i never got one.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:01 AM »
SS i worded that wrong ..............did the second patch have the species.........Cuz i never got one.

the only way to get a second patch is to catch the biggest fish.

Like with Salmon stalkers brookie, if no one enters a fish bigger than his, he gets another patch and the certificate.

james

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.