The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Higgins today!  (Read 653 times)

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
Higgins today!
« on: Feb 28, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Nothing much to report other than the ice is great. 14 plus inches out on point detroit. Had one laker to the hole and lost it and then had another flag. Caught about a dozen 10 inch perch but alot of sorting. And caught 86 smelt. pretty slow for fishing all day. oh well it was fun

Offline drolrevo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Higgins today!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:01 PM »
just getting home from higgins, we caught just over 200 today... had troubles hooking some. Shanties were everywhere out there.  We had a little snowmobile problem, and come to find out the track had a little ice that was locking it up  :-\ walked on and off but it wasn't bad. Watch out for the hole in the "road" on the west shore.

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:05 PM »
Yea, between to of use we got about 200. we didnt target them though. I was really trying to catch some lakers and perch. oh well I'll take em.

Offline drolrevo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:07 PM »
Just wondering if u happened to see that air boat out there  :laugh: wouldn't be bad if that went through

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:10 PM »
ya, he's out there all the time. Theres a few that come out there.

Offline mbrooks

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it swims I want to catch it
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2009, 08:20 PM »
No luck on the Browns or rainbows on Saturday but did end up with over 100 smelt in 4 hours.... they were kinda spooky with all the traffic out there.
Sunday was a 2 flag morning - 1 hook up on a small laker that went back. Quit by 10:30 because the wind was too much without a shanty.
[IMG]

Offline deerjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2009, 11:52 PM »
just getting home from higgins, we caught just over 200 today... had troubles hooking some. Shanties were everywhere out there.  We had a little snowmobile problem, and come to find out the track had a little ice that was locking it up  :-\ walked on and off but it wasn't bad. Watch out for the hole in the "road" on the west shore.
Was that your snowmobile set off alongside the road on the way out to all the shanties?????  If it was, I'm the guy that offered to tow it back to shore for you, but you said you would pick it up with your truck latter!!!!   DEERJOHN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.