The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: What have you lost through the ice hole?  (Read 2220 times)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
What have you lost through the ice hole?
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:20 PM »
I'm curious what everyones lost through the hole while ice fishing. I've lost two cell phones. One dropped down 50 feet to the bottom and the other fell in but I got it out right away. After getting back home I tried to turn it on but it was fried. Let's here what everyone else has lost, it might make us all feel better to know we weren't the only one who's done it.

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
Re: What have you lost through the ice hole?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I lost my Blackberry 3 weeks ago at Lake Simco. It had 4 yrs of saved phone #'s. I also lost some mounter fish.... lol

Offline icecaptain

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:47 PM »
I left the shanty for a few minutes only to come back to only one pole.  A fish had taken my pole.  A few minutes later I had a bite on my other pole. It was a hammer handle pike but it had two lines coming from its mouth........i pulled in the second line and got my pole back.....ha ha....this was on Lake Mitchel
"the worst day of fishing is always better than a great day at work"

Offline Vexilar Prowler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They re always where ya find em!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Turns out those little anoying hammer handle pike are worth something after all! ;D
I cant count the number of ice soops that i have lost down the hole because of my buddies that i take fishing!

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I've lost a spud, o check that my wife lost a spud, also lost a cheap ice pole the ones with a cheap plastic reel and the little wire to stand it up on the ice. Suprisingly I think thats all. Seen my dad lose all kinds of thing from scoops to poles to auger blades, and probably more.

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:54 PM »
I lost my wife's cell phone with all her pictures in it. I've had 2 incedences with lost rigs, and then catching the fish and getting the rig back.

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:59 PM »
I lost a two way radio at smeltcamp. Many Hali's burnt off on lanterns.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline Fordboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:11 PM »
I've lost an auger blade now i lock tight the screws and  had a few close calls with my cell phone too
 :icefish:

Offline jpete92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:13 PM »
My Dog knocked my ice scoop right into and down the hole..........see ya later ice scoop :laugh:

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:16 PM »
i have lost 2 zippo"s in 2 days sleepy hollow and sag. river both new the day lost. Almost lost jig pole but dove for he hole and went arm deep in water and got it back with a 30 in pike on at burt lake.

Offline dvsbruce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Other than my pride I've been pretty lucky. ;D

Offline Mondo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:58 AM »

Ii have lost a rod and reel  -  pike?  I was jigging for gills with one rod and dead sticking the other when the dead stick took off right down the hole never to be seen again.  Also lost a magnetic box full of jigs when I set it on top of my box when changing jigs in windy conditions - plop plop!
He who hesitates is lost!

Offline Out Door Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:11 AM »
I LOST MY GAF IN A HOLE. AND LAST YEAR I ALWAY JUST TAKE THE KEY OFF MY KEY CHAIN AND BRING THAT OUT THERE WITH ME AND WHEN I WAS BENDING OVER SCOOPING OUT THE HOLE IT FEEL RIGHT OUT OF MY BID AND INTO TO THE WATER. TOOK 26 SECOUND TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE . WATCH IT GO DOWN ON THE VEX.

DUDE,SWEET, YOU CAN WALK ON WATER

Offline fishinainteasy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:14 AM »
My buddy left the shanty to relieve himself and we promptly hooked his remaining 3 beers from his 6 pack on his line and let it back down......
Fish Hard Or Stay Home!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:18 AM »
my sanity...... ;) ;D :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline hauler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:30 AM »
I recently lost my cell phone .... >:(

In the past ive lost a spud or two .

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:43 AM »
Nothing.......30 years....nothing.  Til I posted that.

M.I.R.C. 

Offline mokwa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:08 AM »
I also lost a cell phone (on higgins). One other time I lost one of those wire rod holders on crystal in about 60 feet of water. A few hours later, I hooked it on my other rod. We were smelt fishing and I thought I had a white fish or big perch on.

Offline pine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:48 AM »
1 spud
1 rod (not my fault my brother-in-law was using it)
several clip on depth finders
not bad for 54 years of ice fishing
love to ice fish

Offline detroitroofer149

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, you say let me get my pole..
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:55 AM »
i lost the ole wedding band.....yes and lucky to say i was fishing perch...so nice sandy ground...lets say i spent all day fishing for the ring......i made the catch of the day .....golden ring......But sometimes i wonder if i wasted my time with the ring, My wife is a tuffone..lol just kidding.....

Offline bksixer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Ive lost only my sunglasses... However a funny story involves a gaff..... Goes a like this ...2 yrs ago we fished lake erie every weekend in february..... the last weekend we go out its just nasty cold... our guide (whom we've fished all 4 weekends with) allows us to take his auger and walk around the pack.. After 3 hours he finally comes to us and says "Boys if your cold you can go into that shanny. Its another guides but hes out for the morning and wont be back until later". We said thanks and continued to fish our spot..He said he'd be back later to pick us up..After a bit more my buddy says... Im going to warm up in that shanny , you coming.. ?? In a bit i'll be there..So off he goes and doesnt return for a bit.. I go and check on him and hes in there warm but antsy...when he opened the door and shut it behind him, he knocked the gaff off the wall..the gaff was now suspended 20 feet off bottom and just hanging there...He was panicking ... I told him to leave and waittil later tell our guide and replace it ....  we left the shanny and walked back to our buckets... Next thing we see and guy coming out on his quad and heading toward that shanny... My buddy was freaked.. After a few minutes the guy comes out and walks our way... Comes up to us and says" whos been in my shanny??" My buddy says i did ..But only to warm up because our guide told us we can...  How did u know??   The guy responds with.. Well there is a big mark suspended down 20' and my gaff is missing too.... I lost it and fell off my bucket....  in the end he made a new gaff for the guy.. And shipped it out to the islands...   My not sound funny in print but it was priceless for me..

Offline hocetwn97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Was pulling jumbo after jumbo perch in last year on the Det River, they were swarming the hole.  I was only in about 4 FOW and my cell phone goes in.....next thing you know it starts ringing (can't hear it but it lights up) and scares the fish away....SO not only did I have to go back to my boss for a new phone, I was left a dozen fish or so short of my limit on a great fishing day LOL

Offline koby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:33 AM »
An anchor (we were mudding for perch), a brand new auger blade (didnt tighten the screws), and a ONE HITTER!!!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I lost a try pod that goes to my Aqua vu.

Offline pesto666

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Has anyone seen my truck? I know I parked it over here...

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=71760.0

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=71763.0

Actually, I lost my cell phone on Winnisquam in NH last year, and my buddy found it the next day while I was trying to call it hoping someone would answer it. True story.
If "Ignorance is bliss", and "Patience is a virtue", does that mean you can have a pretty good life if you're kinda stupid and don't mind waiting around?

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Look mom i'm walking on water!!!!"
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:03 PM »
lost my garmin gps a couple weeks ago fell right out of my coat pocket and sank like a rock on a mission, then i could see it in 20 feet of water but couldnt hook it with any thing. moral of the story i will be putting a lanyard on my next one :embarassed:
shaun

Offline bksixer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:32 PM »
koby....... we did that too.... dropped onehitter in erie.... glad we had a few dozen empty adult beverages to make new one ....

Offline fadgate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Geez let's see. I lost a nice metal skimmer - now I use plastic. I lost my glasses - to much schnapps- my nephews reply was "oh! your not getting those back". Cell phone and smarty me left my portable Clam Jr out one other night on Reeds Lake and came back the next day with the tarp GONE- It had my name on it - I hope who ever got it is enjoying it. Imagine placing a police report for that -needless to say I think it turned into a kite and is gone for ever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.