The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Weekend Michigan Pannies  (Read 1309 times)

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Weekend Michigan Pannies
« on: Dec 31, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Bottomline and I picked up 50 Pannies both Sat. and Sun. Tough bite for most. 7 other fellas Sun caught a combined 20 fish. Had to remain stationary in a shadowed area within a shack. Or the run and gun approach would spook the fish and send them my way.  ;D

Bass was let go, too small. Sundays Take

Saturday

This shows average size of 8" better. Went up to 9.75". Many 9"ers as well.

Two day take filled 3 1# zip-loc bags. Makes 500 fillets so far this year in three weekends of ice.

Offline fishinainteasy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Weekend Michigan Pannies
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:03 AM »
RL WHAT IS THE ICE CONDITIONS ON North Lake up there? I am going to head up there tomorrow am if all is well and safe
Fish Hard Or Stay Home!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Caught thhese in Oakland County. But a friend said the ice up there is all OK as long as not too much more snow comes, as it might tonight. Expecting 4-8 by morning, and another 2-3 by noon tomorrow.  :-\

Offline fishinainteasy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I really want to go up tomorrow A.M. but I am not driving 2 hrs in bad weather both ways
Fish Hard Or Stay Home!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Going north you may be fine. Check out the radar imagery on MFF. The storm is coming in from the south, and the jet stream has everything to do with how and who gets hit.

Offline icecaptain

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Nice catch RL  :) looks like your season is off to a fantastic start.  My uncles have been catching some slabs like that over here in Grand Rapids area too.  I was wondering if you could tell me how to attach pictures.  I tried to figure it out with little success......thanks
"the worst day of fishing is always better than a great day at work"

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Do you have a Photobucket.com account??? Go there if not and open an account. Then down load your photos throughthe browse function, very easily done. Then you double click on the IMG tag to copy, and then paste into your reply section on IS.

Also many members have posted useful info and instructions on here. You can find these tips in the forums section of this site. Good luck and get those pics posted!!!

RL

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Those are some great pictures. Keep up the good work!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Damn, RL dems some nice gills, if'n ya see a white Chevy crew cab followin' ya around don't get excited it's just me.  ;)  ;)

Went to Oakland Co myself today we ended up with a 3-man limit not quite as nice as yours but nice one's all the same. (pics in my journal). You're gonna have to buy another freezer ya keep catchin' all dem fish.  :o  :laugh:

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2008, 09:19 PM »
The fish look even bigger on the computer than my phone RL. :laugh: I am hoping to head out tomorrow afternoon if the snow didn't wreck the ice.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.