Author Topic: Boots for wide feet?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline midwest_rodworks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boots for wide feet?
« on: Jan 03, 2017, 11:52 AM »
I wear a size 14, in 4E width.  What do you Bigfoots wear in the ice.  Currently using Cabela's iron ridge boots and like them, but they weren't really designed for all day adventures on the ice. 
"Balance in all things"

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Boots for wide feet?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:27 PM »
I have size 14 wide feet also and wear either a pair of the white Bunny boots and a pair of the Schnee's Extreme boots, and both fit well.  With the Schnee's I went a size bigger but the Bunny boots I just ordered my regular size, 14 Wide.

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2017, 07:44 PM »
If your shoe size is 14w, try a 15m boot with your wool socks. Should give you plenty of room so that your feet won't get cold, and they should be comfortable.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2017, 09:51 PM »
I have the same size feet and the same problems finding boots that fit. When temperatures are -10 and higher I wear Keen Summit County boots. They have 400 gram Thinsulate insulation and a Gore-tex membrane to keep feet dry. In colder temperatures I wear LaCrosse hunting boots. The construction is similar to the Keens but they have 600 gram Thinsulate.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:01 PM »
I wear 12 4E New balance sneakers, mickeys and bunny boots fit me and the Wide has room to spare. It's a PITB to find something wide enough every time I go to buy regular hunting boots or shoes!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.