Author Topic: Polar Bird's Water Repellency and Ice Anchors?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Polar Bird's Water Repellency and Ice Anchors?
« on: Sep 30, 2016, 02:33 PM »
I bought a Polar Bird 3T after the ice went off here last year.  For those of you that actually got to fish in you Polar Birds last season, do any of you have plans to spray the fabric material with 303 Fabric Guard or another product to make it more water repellent or does the material do an adequate job on its own?  Also, are the ice anchors that came with it good quality/similar to Eskimos, or should I look to purchase a couple of sets of Eskimo anchors?  Thanks!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Polar Bird's Water Repellency and Ice Anchors?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2016, 02:57 PM »
I have the polar bird 4t  and water and snow ran right off of it.i didn't need the ice anchors in the corners because the floor hold the shelter down but I did have a hub tied off  and didn't have any problems with it.but I use eskimo anchors because they are a dream to put in by hand.its insulated great and the snow that landed on top melted in the sun but turned into ice later in the day so I know I wasn't loosing much heat out of the polarbird.i barely had to run a heater in it ans it was 10 degrees.

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2016, 12:26 AM »
I have a T4 spent a couple of nights on the ice and loved it. the anchors do the job not as good has the eskimo one. holds the heat well.

Offline shawdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:54 PM »
How does the floor do as far as staying dry.  Do you end up with a puddle in the middle of your tent if you have the heat going or from your holes? 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:34 PM »
It seems weak ice would sag and cause that condition ~ best wait for colder weather.      :woot: :roflmao: ;)2

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2016, 11:58 PM »
didn't have any water issues had my heater cook about 6" of the floor on a baking pan. I did not drill any holes in the tent.

Offline Evan Pheneger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2016, 01:20 PM »
I bought a Polar Bird 3T after the ice went off here last year.  For those of you that actually got to fish in you Polar Birds last season, do any of you have plans to spray the fabric material with 303 Fabric Guard or another product to make it more water repellent or does the material do an adequate job on its own?

Here is a video I made that shows the water repellent of the Polar Bird houses. There is no scotch guard or water repellency on this house. It is also 1 year old in this test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhYPQWDEMuM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.