Author Topic: Which 2 man would fit in pickup truck with a tonneau cover closed  (Read 1993 times)

Offline jeepdude64

• IceShanty Rookie
I want to upgrade from an Eskimo wide 1 to a 2 man shanty anyone know which would be the best choice. I don't need thermal and has to have good comfortable seats.  Most times I hope to be pulling with a sled but would like to be able to hand pull also. 

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
Measure and check websites is the best way.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
I have the Clam Yukon Thermal and it fits in my F150 truck.  I take the seats out and place back in the sled when I get ready to fish.  I have about 25" of clearance from the bed floor to the bottom of my cover. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline jeepdude64

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the info. Seats seem to be the issue had one buddy who's would not fit he has the boat seats.  I think the Eskimo inferno 2 might be the way to go. Thermal is nice but we pull often so is trying to keep weight down.  I hope to see an EVO out it looks great room wise and doesn't look that bad to setup.  I use the windbreak setting most of the time I feel cramped when all closed in.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
my Eskimo quick flip 2 fits in the box of my Tundra with the rolling cover closed. There is maybe and inch or two to spare.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
I have a Wide One and it fits in with a tonneau cover along with a jiffy auger and a smitty sled.

Offline majic0135

• IceShanty Rookie
Have a "12 Chevy crew, shot box, and I bought the Shappell FX200,,, Fits perfect and love the shack. Enough room for the ice auger to fit on the side of tub in the truck. Able to close my Access cover. Even put skis on the tub for easy pulling. The seats in the FX are just padded bench but you can put a stadium seat in tub.
majic

Offline jeepdude64

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the info everyone provided. my buddy has the fx200d. Seats are great I might have to check it out. Another has the Eskimo 2 so I think one of them will do. Seats are what I see makes it not fit. The boat seats have to be easily removed which on the fx200 are. I love my wide one I just like to have the ability of taking a 2nd along.

Offline paramedicjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam Nanook , in my Tacoma 6ft,  with tonneau cover on . They made there seats fold so no screwing around . And I leave my transport cover on . Love it , no issues after a few hard years of fishing .

Offline tyme2par4

• IceShanty Rookie
We have an Otter Cottage that fit's with plenty of room to spare.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.