New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye Lakes Sportsman of the year  (Read 2230 times)

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
Honeoye Lakes Sportsman of the year
« on: Feb 01, 2022, 03:20 PM »
      If you see this guy on the lake Congratulate him. He leaves his tipups in over night unattended. Pretty sad.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Honeoye Lakes Sportsman of the year
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2022, 03:45 PM »
      If you see this guy on the lake Congratulate him. He leaves his tipups in over night unattended. Pretty sad.

And you know this for a fact?
Shame on you for not reporting him….
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2022, 04:22 PM »
  100% fact. His reply was he fished till midnight and he was to cold. He packed them up at 9AM. Reporting him would have just cut into my jigging time. I don't think DEC was waiting at the launch with his sled waiting for me to call him to drive 3 miles down the lake.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2022, 10:56 AM »
Damn what a dickhead. Ill bring binoculars if i feel like my bouncing around might bring me too far away for my eyes to see my flags well enough. Cant imagine just letting them soak overnight 

Offline skinny4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2022, 11:38 AM »
I feel bad when I look out my hut and see a flag up and don't know how long it was up. I never try to leave them unwatched. If I make it out there this year I'll be heading down that shoreline before the sun comes up. I'll look for those traps and if I find them unguarded I definitely won't mess with them. So if someone brakes them into little pieces and leaves them on the ice just know that it wasn't me. Lol

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2022, 01:29 PM »
I feel bad when I look out my hut and see a flag up and don't know how long it was up. I never try to leave them unwatched. If I make it out there this year I'll be heading down that shoreline before the sun comes up. I'll look for those traps and if I find them unguarded I definitely won't mess with them. So if someone brakes them into little pieces and leaves them on the ice just know that it wasn't me. Lol
   That was my 1st thought was to stomp them into pieces. There was 3 flags (probably wind flags) and wasn't sure if there were fish on them. They were so froze in and I didn't have spud with me. I didn't even watch him bring them in. It was so windy and I was so discussed.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:04 PM »
I would smash them if I honestly thought that it was intentional.  A couple years back I ran into a fellow at daybreak who was looking for a tip-up which he had left the night before when he could not find it in the dark and blowing snow. I'll buy that, but not if there were several. Smash-em

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2022, 07:44 PM »
Yeah when I take out my sons or friends I get weird about counting them. I keep them in bags of five now. Lost I'd lost one this year, in my son's jet sled. ;) ;)
Hate seeing a flag up unattended, also hate excessive flag yells. Kinda a catch 22
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2022, 12:35 PM »
Anyone who smashes someone else's traps (illegally unattended or not) is just as much of a scumbag, too imo....

You gonna key my car if you see me speeding too?

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2022, 12:42 PM »
Anyone who smashes someone else's traps (illegally unattended or not) is just as much of a scumbag, too imo....

Agreed, report it and let the law do its work

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2022, 12:56 PM »
I would have just told his mother on him. Some good ol’ fashioned parenting is in order

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2022, 02:14 PM »

I am not part of the entitled generation. Leave your toys in the driveway get them run over.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2022, 02:19 PM »
Neither am I but it's the same thing as setting a trap on public land. Ya don't mess with someone else's stuff no matter what. As someone else said you call the law.
I live back in the woods you see

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2022, 02:37 PM »
I am not part of the entitled generation. Leave your toys in the driveway get them run over.

Idk, that statement is pretty entitled in itself. If someone wants to enforce laws, they should join the blue instead of "backing it".

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2022, 03:08 PM »
Might not be "right", but I bet the MF wouldn't do that again if you disappeared all of them.

Offline skinny4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:40 PM »
Neither am I but it's the same thing as setting a trap on public land. Ya don't mess with someone else's stuff no matter what. As someone else said you call the law.
[/quote
The law says it's unlawful to mess with LEGALLY set traps. I would never mess with a legally set trap. I wouldn't even go near it on purpose.  But we're talking more like poaching. I don't know of any law that protects a poachers rights to fish illegally. If I see trash on the ice I pick it up. Mostly it's all useless but maybe next time it's a new set of tip ups. Is picking up empty propane bottles considered stealing? Or the 30 empty beer cans? I'd take them tip ups and most likely give them to someone who doesn't have any and will play by the rules.

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2022, 10:55 PM »
I agree - if you care enough call law enforcement, if not walk away.  Stealing/breaking other peoples stuff isn't the answer.

Amen. Or blasting them on the internet. If you have the time to post it, go take it up with them in person or stuff it, imo.

Side note, I'd like to see someone break my old HT tip ups. I LITERALLY stomp my hole to get them out when they're froze. I wish the Hulk luck in breaking them, lol.

Cheers, Frogger.

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2022, 10:59 PM »
[/quote
The law says it's unlawful to mess with LEGALLY set traps. I would never mess with a legally set trap. I wouldn't even go near it on purpose.  But we're talking more like poaching. I don't know of any law that protects a poachers rights to fish illegally. If I see trash on the ice I pick it up. Mostly it's all useless but maybe next time it's a new set of tip ups. Is picking up empty propane bottles considered stealing? Or the 30 empty beer cans? I'd take them tip ups and most likely give them to someone who doesn't have any and will play by the rules.

Picking up trash is called stewardship. What you describe is called theft. "But we're talking more like..." is where you lost me.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2022, 04:37 AM »
With today's technology we can take a picture and they are time stamped. So instead of stealing, destroying someone's stuff why wldnt you take a pic of them and when you go back and they are still there take another one. Then call the proper authorities?
I live back in the woods you see

Offline RustyTrombone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2022, 11:06 AM »
I don’t mess with no one’s gear. Don’t need no grief. Never know what some drunk I
Will do if it happens. Not worth dying over a trashed tip down.
Proud member of Newfane FD. Glorified ice fisherman. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.