New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: must be over  (Read 2225 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
must be over
« on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:19 PM »
I'm sitting here tying jigs for open water ,I didn't hear it but the fat lady must have sung

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: must be over
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:47 PM »
She may not be singing but she’s warming up....sounds like crap tho

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:51 PM »
yup looks like it's over  where I live

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:58 PM »
It's over. I'm heart broken because I wanted a few more days to add to what has been stellar season, but it's over

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Guys were out on a high altitude, 2000 ft., lake in Sullivan County yesterday. Private lake, that I can't fish, but there is still ice out there. Although this blizzard might do us in.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:12 PM »
You didn't hear her because she is buried in snow!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:44 PM »
that snow is the finish

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2018, 12:26 AM »
You didn't hear her because she is buried in snow!
So very true

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2018, 02:42 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

The glorious end to a great ice fishing season for me is usually "ice out" at Goose Bay.  On a trip up to Kring's Point with my bud Hacket to check out his camp on Thursday I can tell you there is still a lot of ice on the Bay. There is some open water and break ice floating between the rocks and Lone pine island, but there is still a lot of ice blocking the entry into the channel from the river side yet.  We did just happen to have a couple of long poles in the car in case there was some open water. ;D ;D . We fished for about an hour or so. and kept 15 perch.

I'm not sure how much snow they got up there the last 2 days. If anything like what we got here in the Fulton/Mexico area it will put a lot of weight on that remaining ice . I will be making regular trips up to see for myself as  Fishforpike is trying to keep all the good fishing spots to himself. :nono: :nono:

Post Script; I would be remiss were I not to disclose Hacket took me to school and caught 11 perch to my 4 perch in the brief time we wet our lines.   :bow: :bow:
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2018, 05:03 AM »
I'm going to tie jigs  get the fly boxes in order and maybe chase a chrome or two

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:05 AM »
Post Script; I would be remiss were I not to disclose Hacket took me to school and caught 11 perch to my 4 perch in the brief time we wet our lines.   :bow: :bow:
That had to hurt to admit!! ;D
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline finsntins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:28 AM »
yo,old guy,we should swap homes,then you could still be ice fishing right in your backyard and probably for the rest of the month and I would not have to trailer 2 hours to mexico bay!!!!!only got 8 inches here in the old forge area,i have not been on the ice,but I'm sure there is still plenty out there.trailered out mexico Wednesday,not sure how my trailer made the trip,roads are horrible!!!!!

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:41 AM »
I'm going to tie jigs  get the fly boxes in order and maybe chase a chrome or two

There were freshies cutting redds on a WNY trib the day before the storm.  I think at least some of them ran under the ice with all these up and down temperatures in January-February!   A couple of suckers caught, too, really early for them!

Offline just1moredad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2018, 08:17 AM »
Not only is it over,salt thrown in the wound too.A trio of individuals got caught red handed by an ECO sixty-nine fish over the limit on the local lake.They got a few in the hole as officer 'greeted' them. He was able to return the live ones through the ice.                               
 Folks might think its a good place to fish, wanting to know what they used for bait.Limit is five per day.  Last ice.         

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2018, 12:48 PM »
yo,old guy,we should swap homes,then you could still be ice fishing right in your backyard and probably for the rest of the month and I would not have to trailer 2 hours to mexico bay!!!!!only got 8 inches here in the old forge area,i have not been on the ice,but I'm sure there is still plenty out there.trailered out mexico Wednesday,not sure how my trailer made the trip,roads are horrible!!!!!
Were you the guys having a tough morning at the launch ??

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

The glorious end to a great ice fishing season for me is usually "ice out" at Goose Bay.  On a trip up to Kring's Point with my bud Hacket to check out his camp on Thursday I can tell you there is still a lot of ice on the Bay. There is some open water and break ice floating between the rocks and Lone pine island, but there is still a lot of ice blocking the entry into the channel from the river side yet.  We did just happen to have a couple of long poles in the car in case there was some open water. ;D ;D . We fished for about an hour or so. and kept 15 perch.

I'm not sure how much snow they got up there the last 2 days. If anything like what we got here in the Fulton/Mexico area it will put a lot of weight on that remaining ice . I will be making regular trips up to see for myself as  Fishforpike is trying to keep all the good fishing spots to himself. :nono: :nono:

We got about three inches.  I live five minutes from goose bay and we have a cottage there as well.  I wouldn't trust the ice tho...it was very warm here last week and the ice looked really bad.

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2018, 06:53 PM »
I'm sitting here tying jigs for open water ,I didn't hear it but the fat lady must have sung

What are you tying for jigs?  I usually do a bunch of bucktails up for eyes.  We use them alot on the st Lawrence.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2018, 07:04 PM »
tying bucktails for eyes and  small hair jigs for panfish

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Hey trapper. How about some mop jigs to add to the collection?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.