Author Topic: Great day at Viva  (Read 2059 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Great day at Viva
« on: Dec 28, 2014, 10:31 PM »
Made the treck into wyoming to viva naughton reservoir yesterday and it was great. It was the 1st time any of us had been there. Temps were single digits upon departure and -11 when we arrived in evanston to get our license's. We arrived at the reservoir around 7am and the temp was -9. it took a bit to get everything warmed up including ourselves. We fished the west side of the reservoir by ourselves all day. The boat ramp area was pretty busy with people all day long. We fished 10-40fow with the most productive depth being 10-15fow. 1st and biggest fish of the day went to phishinphool, the scooper measuring marks only went to 20in which this had a couple over

Only one for me and my stepson and this little bugger ate 3 out of the 4 jigs we had down in the tent. What a mess it was

Another for phishinphool

This was our shanty town for the day

and of course the militia flag was flying all day

Not the fastest day fishing but it was a great day to be out with friends doing what we all love. There were other fish caught that I didnt get pics of but I'm sure some of the other guys will post them up
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Great day at Viva
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Nice work! That is not like you to let a fish mess up the lines like that.  :nono:  You must have fallen asleep old man! Good to see Phisinphool on the ice. Will he be at the Gorge on the 11th?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2014, 10:53 PM »
Dont know for sure yet on the scouting trip, Me and fishon1 for sure will be. No sleeping on the ice for me all though while i was out talking to a few people on the other side of the lake kobe dozed off and almost lost my burbotbasher rod  :%$#!: the fish got off and he saved the pole though luckily  @) I knew it was a good idea to put a few bells on before I left
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Glad that you had a little bit of action. It's always good to get out on the ice! Might make a trip out there this week but I don't have a shanty and the high is supposed to be minus 1 on Tuesday! This real cold weather, however, will be very good for firming up the ice. 

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2014, 03:19 AM »
Had that same thing happen to a fish we caught up there little over a  month ago. it ate a full shiner then took a 4" tube jig! crazy how fast it took down both baits! I love those viva fish!

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2014, 06:08 AM »
Sweet, Very Jealous. Might half to make a trip there this winter. How deep was the snow, also how hard would it be for a person to walk out on it? Thanks.
GOT ICE?

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:02 AM »
Nice ! Looks like you had great weather. I'm pretty jealous, but still enjoying Christmas with the grand kids in Calif.

Offline hooffish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Looks like fun for sure!!  Good looking fish guys.
FISHING TIME!!!!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Glad that you had a little bit of action. It's always good to get out on the ice! Might make a trip out there this week but I don't have a shanty and the high is supposed to be minus 1 on Tuesday! This real cold weather, however, will be very good for firming up the ice.

Thanks glenwyo, yes you are right a tent and heater is need with those brutal temps and the crazy winds predicted for the next 2 days

Had that same thing happen to a fish we caught up there little over a  month ago. it ate a full shiner then took a 4" tube jig! crazy how fast it took down both baits! I love those viva fish!

That is crazy they go nuts like that, Thats the 1st time I have ever had it happen even cooler is we got to watch it all go down. That water is so clear. In 10-15ft you could see everything

Sweet, Very Jealous. Might half to make a trip there this winter. How deep was the snow, also how hard would it be for a person to walk out on it? Thanks.

The snow was 6-10in just depended how the wind had blown it. Walkin is easy from the boat ramp and there was people all over when we were there, riding and walking. I bet there was 10-15 trucks in the parking lot and just north of it just above the ice

Nice ! Looks like you had great weather. I'm pretty jealous, but still enjoying Christmas with the grand kids in Calif.

It was a great time sinker seeker, the ice will be locked up good all over here when you get back

Looks like fun for sure!!  Good looking fish guys.

Thanks hoof just wish slap and you guys could have went up, thinkin about a trip friday?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Yes I will go fishing this weekend!  I hope........maybe! :-\

Offline hooffish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2014, 07:33 AM »
Musky, you thinking about going back up to viva this weekend?
FISHING TIME!!!!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Not back to viva, but somewhere on friday
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2014, 07:01 PM »
looks like you guys had fun always a good time on the ice  ;D

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2014, 07:06 PM »
i noticed someone in the picture has a clam sixpack shelter what do you think of it i am looking at the full thermal thanks  ;D

Offline trippin_or_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Nice work! I Just got back from birch creek with very pleasing results. And I can confirm on the bone chilling temperatures

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.