Author Topic: Ice on @ Firehole......Trip???  (Read 2007 times)

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
Ice on @ Firehole......Trip???
« on: Dec 16, 2014, 08:01 AM »
Reading through the Wyoming board it looks like the ice is on over in the Firehole area.  Maybe......Possibly... ...there should be a trip planned up there in the near future over the holiday break!?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Ice on @ Firehole......Trip???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 02:03 PM »
Scouting trip is planned for the weekend of the 11th
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Scouting trip is planned for the weekend of the 11th

Rog.......Are we pre-registering for the BB, any talk of teams yet?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014, 06:35 PM »
soon we will be up there ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:03 PM »
I will try and come down and show you boys how it's done with a "fat boy" rod.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:21 PM »
Those custom rods are gonna hookem up this year, I have a feeling. Some good fish catchin mojo was put into them, atleast thats what I hear  ;)2
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Those custom rods are gonna hookem up this year, I have a feeling. Some good fish catchin mojo was put into them, atleast thats what I hear  ;)2
I still haven't found a reel that is worthy to be used with it.

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:05 PM »
prospector what kind of custom rods do you have? i just started my collection of Tuned Up Custom Rods. and the next one on the way is a trout/pike rod. so that i can come kill it at the gorge with all ya'll

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:37 PM »
prospector what kind of custom rods do you have? i just started my collection of Tuned Up Custom Rods. and the next one on the way is a trout/pike rod. so that i can come kill it at the gorge with all ya'll
Mine are all cheap store bought run of the mill rods. I should invest in some custom rods one day. I will most likely buy the tools to make them with myself.
The "Fat Boy" rod is one of a family of rods designed by a real pro. Each rod is customized to the individual user and fits not only ergonomicaly, but is a reflection of the fishermen themselves. I Have only seen a few like it in my life. I have yet to use mine because to me, the rod deserves much better that to lose its virginity to a slimy trout. No, this rod is a Burbot rod and nothing more. Sure, it will catch other fish because of the rod that it is one can't help that. But the true measure of its creation is to bash the Burbs!  @)  What TUCR did you start your collection with? I looked at them last year when the quiver stick rod came out. Very nice! BTW, I look forward to seeing you at the Gorge!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Slapthefish and fishonone have them as well, correct? I also saw a Woofie model about the same time my fat boy was delivered.  Chime in guys...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Ok so here's the deal, I decided this summer I wanted to give something to all that have fished the bash with us for atleast 2 years. Since the start there is 6 of us that have made it every year. We had nearly 3 teams last year. Some great friendships have been made along with good times every trip. I wanted it to be something everyone would pull out at ice up and think of all the good times, past and to come. It needed to be used to do what we all love. Hitting the hard deck  :thumbsup: So I decided on some of the Jig-A Whopper signature series rods with the cherrywood handles. I started engraving everyone's nicknames if they had one or just the 1st name in the handles. I must say that by the end my dremel skills were becoming rather impressive. This is my rod and it was the 1st production run BURBOT BASHER 4LIFE rod

Now like i said mine is ruff as it was the 1st and it got its cherry broke on the hybrids at Henrys, they destroyed the cutter bug i have on there. There are 11 of these rods out there now and I'm looking forward to doing some more  :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Cherry broke!  :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:
I'm still laughing!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:29 PM »
Well it is a cherry rod  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:07 AM »
I love my Muskyon46 special designed pole.  Its sophisticated decadence will land the big ones I am convinced.  I give it 10 out of 10 stars, and will also be looking for a worthy reel for it.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:47 AM »
I would like to join you folks for the bash, maybe filling out a team or bring some buddies with me. Sounds like a fun group to be around.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:10 AM »
I would like to join you folks for the bash, maybe filling out a team or bring some buddies with me. Sounds like a fun group to be around.
All the guys are great. They were kind enough to let me horn in a few years ago and have become friends for life. Funniest part is watching them slide into home plate when the bells start ringing on rod tips. Apple cider brings out the Superman in a few of them! Hopefully we can continue to not need the medical facilities in Green River in the future. Love watching a mine field of glowing rod tips at night in a tent city under the red cliffs. Great times for sure! I am sure we will see you soon.
Just a warning though, fishing next to Matt can suck. That guy can catch fish and leave you wondering what you are doing wrong. :%$#!:  He is very humble while he's at it though. ;D

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:15 AM »
All the guys are great. They were kind enough to let me horn in a few years ago and have become friends for life. Funniest part is watching them slide into home plate when the bells start ringing on rod tips. Apple cider brings out the Superman in a few of them! Hopefully we can continue to not need the medical facilities in Green River in the future. Love watching a mine field of glowing rod tips at night in a tent city under the red cliffs. Great times for sure! I am sure we will see you soon.
Just a warning though, fishing next to Matt can suck. That guy can catch fish and leave you wondering what you are doing wrong. :%$#!:  He is very humble while he's at it though. ;D

I'm beginning to think his specialty in the Navy was sonar fish identification and capture, cause he knows things that only special forces and marine biologists know.  ;D

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:58 PM »
come on down all are welcome and home plate can happen at any time of the day I can not tell a lie I have never done that ;D ;D ok more then once

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:42 PM »

Your more than welcome to join us anytime sinker, there will be plenty of talk on this over the next couple weeks as it gets closer. Keep your eye on this thread and chime in ant anytime with questions and suggestions

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=293380.0

You nailed it prospector, love the mine field of glow tips at night in the tent city under the cliffs with bells ringing. Oh ya and the superman slide  :roflmao: :roflmao: Hey and all you need to do is drill your hole a little closer  ;)2

I'm beginning to think his specialty in the Navy was sonar fish identification and capture, cause he knows things that only special forces and marine biologists know.  ;D

That's a good one slap  :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: wish it was true cause then I wouldn't have this sore wrist carpal tunnel stuff from all the wrench turning

home plate can happen at any time of the day I can not tell a lie I have never done that ;D ;D ok more then once

YEP YEP very true statement for most there
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Great, I look forward to meeting you guys and putting faces with names .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.