New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Best place to fish for Walleye on Chautauqua?  (Read 937 times)

Offline gunner1973

• IceShanty Rookie
Best place to fish for Walleye on Chautauqua?
« on: Mar 05, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I want to take my father-in-law out to Chautauqua on Friday. looking for best place for lake access. long point state park? we usually fish silver lake, so any Intel or tips would be greatly appreciated.     

Offline Mtnd777

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best place to fish for Walleye on Chautauqua?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2019, 11:54 AM »
Long point has good access but I've yet to catch a walleye on chatauqua so I have no idea where you should look

Offline SteelieWheelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2019, 02:00 PM »
Walleyes are more or less hit or miss. You either catch em one day or you don’t. Long Point state park, and Prendergast are two very good easy access areas and walleyes are often caught there. Have patience and maybe you will catch a few. Lately we’ve been seeing more marks in the 25-35’ depths. Been fishing prendergast a lot. Walk out and go to the right and fish off of the Snug Harbor sign. That is where the creek mouth is. The walleyes like to swim around that area in the mornings and evening. Best of luck to you! 

Offline gunner1973

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Thanks Steeliewheelie, is the ice good near the stream?

Offline SteelieWheelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Thanks Steeliewheelie, is the ice good near the stream?

Don’t go inside the buoys

Offline dbaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Walleyes are more or less hit or miss. You either catch em one day or you don’t. Long Point state park, and Prendergast are two very good easy access areas and walleyes are often caught there. Have patience and maybe you will catch a few. Lately we’ve been seeing more marks in the 25-35’ depths. Been fishing prendergast a lot. Walk out and go to the right and fish off of the Snug Harbor sign. That is where the creek mouth is. The walleyes like to swim around that area in the mornings and evening. Best of luck to you!
.   I have fished Chautauqua a few times through the ice. Haven’t had a hole lot of luck but am heading up Friday to try to find some eyes myself.

Offline dbaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I want to take my father-in-law out to Chautauqua on Friday. looking for best place for lake access. long point state park? we usually fish silver lake, so any Intel or tips would be greatly appreciated.   
Gunner headed out Friday to try to find some eyes for the first time myself.

Offline meatballsinatra

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Ice is never good near the stream

Offline gunner1973

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2019, 09:00 AM »
Yeah I know moving water makes for bad ice. I just wonder how far away you have to be from it to be safe, that's all. I use to fish there in the summer a lot when I was younger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.