Author Topic: The best place to buy Ice Fishing equipment  (Read 2732 times)

Offline East Shore

• IceShanty Rookie
The best place to buy Ice Fishing equipment
« on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:15 AM »
What's your favorite place??

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: The best place to buy Ice Fishing equipment
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:30 AM »
I like to hit my local Mom and Pop shop since I can look at the stuff first hand.  I will order off the internet but I like to support the little guy and touch and feel what I'm going to get.  As for online sales I like FishUSA.com and Cabela's.

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Craigs list!! Best place to get some steals.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Without a doubt our sponsor...Ct Outfitters! A local shop that kicks the big box stores in the butt!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline weneric

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2014, 04:46 PM »
craigs list     i got a jiffy 8 inch gas auger, 6 tip ups, and a shanty, all for $75.00
wishing i was still young

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Without a doubt our sponsor...Ct Outfitters! A local shop that kicks the big box stores in the butt!

I second that. Great prices and selection of bait and equipment, also friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2014, 06:02 PM »
I also go to CTO a lot but I hit dicks and cabelas when I see sales or something I need quick dicks is about 10 minute from me.

Offline skeet190

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2014, 08:28 AM »
I will get my gear from local places CTO or Cabelas (if u consider them local) or the internet...  I like to be able to see, feel, and hold most things before buying them (ie: jigging rods and new baits and colors)  I use CTO and cabelas for those items and to look around...  I will order alot of stuff from the internet ( fishusa, cabelas, thornebros, reeds, marine general, etc etc.)  I find that the internet will give you the best selection of baits, sizes, and colors...  I do like to support our local shops also but when it comes to ice fishing CTO is the best local shop...  Local shops/stores cant have "everything" in stock or on its shelves such as all colors and sizes of baits...  I jig 99% of the time (i dont even own tip ups) but i will always have spikes or waxies to tip my baits...  I will also sometimes set up a deadstick rod with live bait....  getting to my point...  CTO is the best place to get bait par none!!!
Eat, Sleep, Fish

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2014, 05:29 PM »
All of the above . BUY AMERICAN , If possible .

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2014, 06:07 PM »
I try to buy local usa made products which can be tough anymore more and more companies are manufacturing out of the US but to be honest most of my stuff came from yard sales and flea markets at some real good prices to you never know what you might come across

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2014, 09:23 PM »
I am a jigger and CTO hands down has a great selection of jigs! Cabelas and online if CTO doesnt have what I am lookin for. :icefish:

Offline deerhunterkyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2014, 01:30 PM »
my favorite bait place is by far CTO for bait and quality gear. Anything disposable I order in bulk off the web wherever I can find good deals.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Don't do Dick's... I literally tried to see if any of their rod&reel combos would switch their reel handles from lefty to righty and each handle easily broke off with little to nothing holding it down.  >:(
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Yet again my first stop is Gary and the gang at CTO. His prices are close to spot on what Cabelas are. The Customer support is next to none.

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2014, 08:55 PM »
I shop around for deals when it comes to gear....but when it come to bait...I will ONLY go to CTO...period!!!
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:24 PM »
i shop at cabelas and have their credit card , so i earn free gear with each purchase . return policy is awesome and store is half hour drive

Offline Pat Sullivan94

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fiesta Life
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:18 PM »
Come in to CTO when we get our ice stuff out, if you dont see what you want we are happy to order it for you. Not knocking any big name shops, but all of us who work at CTO actually get out and fish so we are able to help you with any selection of jigs, rods, tip-ups, bait, gear, etc.
Fiesta
2004 61 Viking
Twin DD 12V-2000

Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield CT 06109
(860)-571-8986

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2014, 06:02 AM »
if you are ice crazy, CTO is a mecca worth the pilgrimage. im surprised no one said ebay. you can find pretty good lots of used gear reasonably priced........most times
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2014, 03:37 PM »
I get all my stuff from Gander Mtn, I work there, so the discounts are priceless.

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2014, 06:53 AM »
Thanks fro all the kind words everybody!  It's interesting always being in the shadow of a huge big box and the allure of online sales! SO we are always trying something new.....New for this ice season is the CTO REWARDS program which we think helps you all get just a little more mileage out of a buck!  The program is free and easy. You earn points with every purchase, no exclusions.  Points add up. You get "Cash Back Credit Rewards" (5$ for $50 spent, = 10%) to use on your next visit. Oh did I mention its free, and come with an APP for your phone so you can see what you've earned...ask about YOUR REWARDS on your next visit! Thanks-gb
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.