The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ocean Lake  (Read 2412 times)

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ocean Lake
« on: Dec 16, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Well be careful if you go out to Ocean Lake!  We went out to do some fishing and decided not even to step on the ice.  From the warm weather and the wind all the pressure ridges have opened up and has been breaking the ice up.  I know this weekend will bring colder weather, but if you go out to ocean make sure you watch were you are stepping!! >:(

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Ocean Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:07 PM »
...east side, I'll bet, it had already started when I was out there couple o' days ago.
                                            LT

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2006, 10:01 PM »
It was from the west to the east in the morning, I am sure by the end of the day it opened up more....

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Oh yeah, it opened up in some places,  :woot:   but where there's ice, it's a good, solid 6 inches thick.  :thumbsup:
                                           ex-Lteeeee  :tipup:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:11 AM »
ex-Lt,
         Be careful out there! I am going to try and make a trip over the mountain to fish Boysen and Ocean but now I think i will wait until after the first of the year.

ex-Lt, I read your article in Bugle magazine great job! But I probably would have shot him! You did the right thing. Have you signed up for the IS Tourney yet!  We need all the help we can get here in Wyo. You fish allot and you never know. Boysen has the State record eye through the ice. You don't have to be good, just lucky like I was last year!  Go Team Wyo!!!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Hey, thanks BigIce, I was a lil flabbergasted when Don Burgess called and told me he wanted to publish the article...more about getting it off my chest   :flex: than being published, but anyway, glad you enjoyed it and yeah, what I was saying was, "When that comes up again, I'm gonna shoot."
                                                   The-ex-Lteeee  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.