Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Iowa lakes book  (Read 2152 times)

buzzdpm

Iowa lakes book
« on: Jan 14, 2004, 08:44 AM »
I have heard about a book that lists all the lakes in Iowa, directions on how to get there, and "hotspots" to try on each lake.  Does anyone know the title of this book and who sells it.  Thanks.

Offline supserdave

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Iowa lakes book
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Its called the "Sportsman's Iowa Fishing Map Guide"
I got mine at walmart, nice little book.
Dave

rksportsmed7

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2004, 12:28 PM »
The book can also be found at Gander Mountain in Davenport and Cedar Rapids.

Offline goody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish, Forced to work!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Yes, Wal-Mart carries the Sportsman's Connection Iowa Map Book.  You can also check this and those for other states here:  http://www.sportsmansconnection.com/

It is a great resource that every serious fisherman should have at least one copy of....I've almost worn mine out and it is not near a year old yet.

goody
Born to fish, forced to work!!

Des Moines, Iowa

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Are u talking about Bernie Barringers Iowa fishing atlas? It has all the hotspots listed.

Goody, since I don`t have one, does that mean I`m not a serious fisherman? ;D
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline lebruce

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2004, 04:31 PM »
Mr.Seaguar I'd say that's the one he's talking about.That Iowa Atlas is great,so is the Sportsman's Connection Iowa Map Book.Another good one is the Outdoor Adventure Guide put out by the Iowa Association of County Conservation Board's (IACCB)it gives the location of all county land.It tells if the acreage,campsites,water cabin rental,shelter,picnicking,trails,swimming,fishing-lake pond stream and size,boating other sports,and hunting-wetland forest and upland.

Offline goody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish, Forced to work!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2004, 07:33 AM »
Yup, you've got it Mr. Seaguar!!!  The tell-tale sign of a serious fisherman is that book and that book alone!! :) LOL  But seriously, the old blue Bernie Berringer Iowa Atlas (with him on the cover) was recently turned into the book by Sportsman's COnnection.  However, in this more recent version (white cover, not blue) it has much more data....stocking charts, net/shock surveys, and many more bodies of water.  I have the old blue Iowa Atlas as well and it is virtually destroyed...had to upgrade :)

goody
Born to fish, forced to work!!

Des Moines, Iowa

buzzdpm

« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2004, 02:28 PM »
Thanks guys, ordered the Sportman's Connection Map online. Excited to try some new spots. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.