The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Tons of Ice Raymond  (Read 2307 times)

Offline conesca

• IceShanty Rookie
Tons of Ice Raymond
« on: Mar 23, 2019, 07:36 PM »
Was out today with today in the Raymond Casco area with 2 feet of ice and no FISH!   Totally skunked!!  Should of used a jetski instead of a sled.   Hope its better tomorrow 

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
Re: Tons of Ice Raymond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Thanks for the report....no shortage of ice.  Hope the fish are on the feed tomorrow.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2019, 08:06 PM »
The wind must have been unreal out there today. when the wind blows like it did today I have never had a good fishing day  with wind blowing like it did today. (home projects) on a windy day..

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2019, 05:26 AM »
Two days ago there was 16" of ice  in Jordan Bay, that was a surprise to me. Bad pressure ridges on the big lake.
I've never seen that amount of ice this time of year.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline TwoLightsKid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2019, 09:20 AM »
I was out yesterday morning for a couple hours too, got a couple at first light, then just follows.  As woodchip said, days like that with a strong NW wind just after a storm system has passed through always seem to result in lockjaw for togue, same rule seems to apply to stripers and most other fish too.  Might get a narrow bite window of a half hour or so at first light, then shuts off for the rest of the day. 

Still better than being at work or sitting on the couch!

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Had an afternoon bite on Sebago yesterday, saved a slow day. Usually shuts off around 1pm and then picks ups towards sunset but yesterday 2pm was the ticket. Wish there was 2 feet of ice on the Big Bay like the year they extended ice fishing.  :tipup:

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2019, 07:13 PM »
We drilled tru 30" of ice on Little Sebago today jigged two hours and not a fish.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2019, 08:52 AM »
Thanks for the report....no shortage of ice.  Hope the fish are on the feed tomorrow.

Hope you did better than we did!  Plenty of S/M at Great Pond with 32" of ice but no crappie. Fished Lower Range in the afternoon, right to the motor on ice, not a bite for three of us, all jigging everywhere. :'(
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2019, 09:29 AM »
I was out at Wards cove at Sebago on Sunday. Losing the 8” of ice fast. Crossed over a long pressure ridge in search of Togue. Moved 3 times and still caught nothing.

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2019, 01:50 PM »
I did OK on the pannies (no crappie) and some bass.  Not a real good ice season overall!

Hope you did better than we did!  Plenty of S/M at Great Pond with 32" of ice but no crappie. Fished Lower Range in the afternoon, right to the motor on ice, not a bite for three of us, all jigging everywhere. :'(

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2019, 04:53 PM »
I did OK on the pannies (no crappie) and some bass.  Not a real good ice season overall!
I hear you there, I haven’t gotten out nearly as often as I’d like this season, and the times I went out after panfish were fairly unproductive, but got a few half way decent trout trips in the beginning.

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2019, 09:26 PM »
The rainbows you got on your homemade jigs/flies were nice @)

I hear you there, I haven’t gotten out nearly as often as I’d like this season, and the times I went out after panfish were fairly unproductive, but got a few half way decent trout trips in the beginning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.