Author Topic: Cold week  (Read 1490 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Cold week
« on: Nov 28, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Looks like we have a cold week ahead of us.....Wonder if Cedar or Jericho will freeze up some, looks like the whole upcoming week will be below freezing what do you guys think? Does cedar usually lock up before Jericho?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Cold week
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2007, 04:10 PM »
i bet its already frozen over, but no thick enough. like you said it suppose to get cold the next couple of days and as we all know.........its colder up there. i will give a call to my buddy to see if we can get an ice check on both places
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Ive seen alot of smaller ponds skimmed over in the concord and north area already.  as much as 2 weeks ago.  So we know they are ready to take.  So if this cold weather really sticks and we dont get much wind we might have a really good chance at some "safe" ice in the lakes region in a week and a half or so. And we all know I use the word "safe" loosely!    Im 150lb soaking wet!  Doesnt take much to hold me!  Lets keep our fingers crossed!

~Stefan~

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2007, 04:40 PM »
I wold love to hear of some fishable ice on Jericho, are there any other lakes known to lock up early?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2007, 07:18 PM »
four inches seems safe to me.....i weigh about 225, but my buddy richards weighs more so i let him go first. last year we went to littleton and the ice was like a trampoline (about 2 to 3 to scary for me.......i don't think i moved all day. my buddy chambers (175 pounds) had to pick up the traps at the end of the day, because the holes were about 16 inches wide. call me a wimp, but i am afraid of that early ice. i will go, but i just dread the fact of going through the ice and having a hard time coming back up. the same goes for the atv........i need to see tracks before i sink 6 thousand into the water. good luck gang and stay safe. i will try to keep everybody updated on conditions. i plan on taking a ride in a few weeks to do some scouting. if anybody hears anything drop us a post.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline doabbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mmmm smelt...
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2007, 06:50 AM »
After this snow storm moves out, temperatures will struggle to get above freezing all week.  I think we will see a lot of ice develop in the coming week.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I'm going north this afternoon to have a look around.  If I see anything remarkable I'll post up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.