Author Topic: Bows Hit Hard 1-15-10  (Read 1652 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bows Hit Hard 1-15-10
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:06 PM »
I think the pics will speak for themselves. Slipknot, Skittles and I hit up lake R (R for Rainbow!!) for the morning and we combined for 18 Rainbows, the smallest at 15" and the biggest at 19" most were 17. Very nice chunky healthy fish. We also got 6 or 7 pickerel i lost cound but they were some bigguns.

All were released and none were bleeders, we would have kept the bleeders, but they all went back in perfect condition we were all happy to see that.

I think slipknot has some more pics on his camera but i'm not sure.

These fish were mostly all holdovers from the last 3 stocking years as we noticed 3 different fin clip markings.

No this isn't the same fish notice the adipose clip on one and not the other.

LOOK AT THIS BAD BOY, He's holding a pickerel too!

PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
Re: Bows Hit Hard 1-15-09
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:11 PM »
once again !!!!beutiful fish you got me drooling !!!!!!!!

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:13 PM »
Nice lookin' rainbows. Great day it looks like. 8) 8)

Offline Bigtrout131

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Those are some fatties!  Good Job Guys!
Trout Fear Me!

Offline Adrock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:51 PM »
Nice ones!  Nice fat healthy looking fish there.

Offline EL CAPITAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:54 PM »
I gotta a kick ass Job but I am still envious  very nice guys!!
Live free or die
Trump 2020

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Great looking Rainbows guys! :o :)

Geez Adrien...with the derby coming up, I'm suprised no one is putting a GPS under your bumper ;D lol ....Can ya tell I'm a little envious ::) ;)

Nice Job guys ;)

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Yup... told ya I liked the nose out of the water photos. Now seeing it on the big screen I like it even more.  ;D I should just follow ya around and do the photography full time.

I do have a few more pics, but they're mostly cell phone shots. I'll load 'em and post 'em in a bit. I do know I accidentally deleted a pic of a 3.5 or 4 pound 'bow I caught... so no proof means no fish.  :'(

Skittles and I went to lake "K" afterwards and fished from 2 til 5pm. All I landed was a brown and two brookies. We had three or four other flags with no fish to show for it.

All fish taken on smelt today, except the brookies, which I jigged up with a very small flutter jig.

Adrien brought me my first Arctic Armor suit today. Wore it this afternoon and absolutely LOVE it. Very light... tons of gear storage pockets... comfortable (padded knees are a huge plus)... never got wet while augering or kneeling on the wet ice... and very warm. Looks like I can leave a couple layers at home now. Sweet. Thanks "A".  ;D
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:37 PM »
nice bows! p.s. its 2010 now  ;D

Catch A Buzz

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:13 PM »
These are the only pics I had from today that weren't of 'bows in the hole. I seem to like that photo. Haha. Sorry for the bad cell phone pics. Charging my camera battery now and will have it with me tomorrow.

Action photo of me icing a 'bow.

Skittles with one of his 'bows.

Only brown of the day.

Yay! My new suit fits... Thanks again YoA. Quality stuff!

Again... working the new Arctic Armor. They say black is slimming? Uh, nope.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline LOLDave

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bows Hit Hard 1-15-10
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Sweettttttttt Were those caught on tip ups or jig rods? Bet those bows would be a blast on a jig rod. P.S. Where's the Ice gator and the 8 wheel monster buggy ? Looks like a fun day was had by all Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Offline banman1960

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:10 AM »
That was an awesome day for you guys! I love seeing healthy fish and hearing they went back in the water to fight another day.

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Sweettttttttt Were those caught on tip ups or jig rods? Bet those bows would be a blast on a jig rod. P.S. Where's the Ice gator and the 8 wheel monster buggy ? Looks like a fun day was had by all Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

All fish were on smelt (tipups) except the two brookies, which I jigged up. Could not buy a bite on a 'bow with a jig. Tried hard, but no luck. Should have just put another tipup in the water.

The Ice Gator was there... but my brother and I arrived a bit before Adrien so we drilled our holes and got set up with my Jiffy.
We did do another trial with the Jiffy and Ice Gator, later in the morning. Still confirmed that the Gator drills a hole easier. Still hard to believe you can just walk up to a spot, push a button and drill a hole through a foot of ice in three seconds... without choking, priming and pull starting an engine. Just the push of a button. Very nice. Also, holding the Gator and Jiffy in separate hands at the same time, I couldn't tell a lick of difference in weight. The new model has definitely shed a few pounds. Yes, this is with the stock batteries, not the special order lightweights that would deduct another 8 pounds from the weight of the Gator.

The mode of transport was FOOT POWER for me and Skittles... Adrien had his Skidoo (and did haul our butts back to shore at quitting time  ;D ). We were only a half mile from the truck at most. No need for the Tonka Truck today...  :P

Skittles and I set up in the dark yesterday and broke down in the dark. It was a long day and my back is not thanking me for it. I should have known to sit down more often. Standing in one place for too long, on a hard surface especially, kills my back. So... no fishing this morning. I'm recuperating. Getting old.  :'(  Hope to be on the ice tomorrow though.  :tipup:

Offline Keeper Reaper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rapture of the Deep
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Phenomenal Day !  :clap: Great to see ! Thanks for sharing and making us jealous

Offline LOLDave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Geez man, now your starting to sound like me LOL I need to make a trip out with ya somewhere, been way to long since we've caught up with each other. Oh and tell Adrien he needs a shave LMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:42 PM »
As always.  Really nice fish guys.
I was skunked the few times I went out this week.  I think the bait was too large.  Had some flags in Bow territory, but all hit and runs.
They smacked the tail and dropped.

NB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.