Author Topic: Spoon storage?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
Spoon storage?
« on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:39 PM »
What are the best ways you guys have found to store your spoon style lures?
~Good Luck~

Offline Johnny5dime

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Spoon storage?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:46 PM »
I just purchased the small rapala box at Cabela’s for 13 bucks.

Haven’t got it yet, but in the same boat ad you. I don’t want to carry all my tackle or even one of my containers. I’d like to have all my stuff portable enough to put in my pocket and go. The rapala looks like the best option... I wish I could’ve got the medium but they were out

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:54 PM »
I just purchased the small rapala box at Cabela’s for 13 bucks.

Haven’t got it yet, but in the same boat ad you. I don’t want to carry all my tackle or even one of my containers. I’d like to have all my stuff portable enough to put in my pocket and go. The rapala looks like the best option... I wish I could’ve got the medium but they were out

i have one of the scheels outfitters branded ones that is two sided but i just made a pretty large order on jammin jigs (Like 100 bucks and thats quite alot of pieces) and im already almost out of room the way it is so i had to take all my spoons out which took up half of the box and before buying anew one i was hoping to see if there were any other ways to store them that were maybe better
~Good Luck~

Offline Johnny5dime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 02:58 PM »
I saw here posted somewhere, a magnetic one that looked great for spoons. Think it was 30 bucks and might be something I look at more in the future

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 04:25 PM »
I got a good deal on the small clam spoon box on clearance and it's very nice, but it would be pretty simple to make your own.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:49 PM »
Clam spoon box is the best ive found but I have far too many spoons. I had to cut extra slots in the large clam spoon box

Offline Troutbum12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:02 PM »
I have this.
Really nice.
https://goicerigs.weebly.com

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Check out the Rose Creek Anglers spoon box as well: http://www.rose-creek.com/products/spoon-box

I plan on purchasing one of these prior to next season.

Offline dntbeamenace4031

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:06 AM »
I have this.
Really nice.
https://goicerigs.weebly.com

Thanks for sharing that looks pretty awesome.  I was a little shocked at the total price but its reasonable if you just order the board itself and put it into a Plano you already own.  As much fun as it normally is to spend 5 minutes untangling Rapalas each lure change haha...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:22 AM »

Or you can make your own ,

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2018, 12:22 PM »
The Plano boxes that came with my lowrance ice pack is how I store mine.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2018, 01:12 PM »

how about a couple like this

A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Check out the Rose Creek Anglers spoon box as well: http://www.rose-creek.com/products/spoon-box

I plan on purchasing one of these prior to next season.
I've been using one for the past 2 years and they are awesome. I think the most I fit in one so far is around 40 spoons and honestly that is way more than I need for a day of fishing. I like them because they are a better option sizewise for me and they easily fit in my coat or bib pockets.

Offline Walleyewacker007

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2018, 02:30 AM »
I love the clam spoon boxs, important to open and dry like any other or foam will hold the water. For rippin raps I like to drape the treble hooks over the sides of a normal plano or Cabelas compartment box. With the hooks draped the lures stay in place, tangle free, organized and less wear and tear banging together. I am now able to hold 4 lures where I was holding 2, each side of each compartment holds a lure.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2018, 07:41 AM »
i have both the clam foam insert type and the rose creek / CJS boxes. they both have their pros and cons. get both! the fun part is filling them.

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Prefer my spoons to be hung up by the hook in the jaw of a walleye.  ;D

I use a small double-sided Plano box but it is really not the best.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2018, 04:16 PM »
i have both the clam foam insert type and the rose creek / CJS boxes. they both have their pros and cons. get both! the fun part is filling them.
I’m working at it:

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:16 PM »
I’m working at it:

i like it. did you paint the slender spoons white? i was thinking of doing that. how do they work?

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2018, 06:02 PM »
No, I didn’t paint any myself. The white ones are either glow jigs from CS & J, or glow shot jigs from Northland. As most others have posted, the glo-shots tend to get caught up in their own selves, so to speak. The Slender Spoons usually get some kind of action. I just adjust the size and color, and maybe add a dropper. Bait/plastics as an added incentive, and jig to your hearts content.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.