New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: pickerel  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: pickerel
« Reply #30 on: Mar 23, 2019, 04:22 PM »
From pickerel to birds.  :roflmao: :blink:

Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 23, 2019, 04:35 PM »
 It was Just a friendly heads up for you and others. I am glad you are aware of the guidelines... I never said anything about a ticket.
 Like you said, be respectful of the birds...they are awesome....and they love to eat pickerel too. ;)
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 23, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Yeah they will eat all types of fish. I dot get the whole kill the pickerel thing. I normally only catch a few per season but they are fun to catch. If your fishing for fun they are great to catch. 

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 23, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Kept a limit last year and pickled them. Was not impressed.

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Mar 23, 2019, 05:09 PM »
pickerel  fillet  just like a  northern  ...trouble is on lakes like Oneida   you can't  fish  without catching them  I must have  caught or  lost  10 to 15 on big bay in a  day ......  when legal  take  a limit home   ....make  great trapping bait too

Offline claymore6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2019, 05:24 PM »
The other nice thing is they scare away the dink Perch!

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 24, 2019, 07:09 PM »
The islands of the Hudson river in Columbia county,  scodack,  gays point and middle ground have about 20 active eagle nests.  Middle ground is behind my house and has 5 alone.  It was part of the first reintroduction programs way back and has strived since.  All those islands get plenty of usage by people.

I'd rather catch release a pickerel any day then a hundred dink perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.