New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone going Northeast Ourdoor Expo  (Read 2515 times)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Is anyone going Northeast Ourdoor Expo
« on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Is anyone going to the NE Outdoor expo at the Empire state plaza tonight.
I would rather not go on Sat or Sunday because that interferes with fishing ;)
I will probably  to take my two little kids if anyone ins interested in meeting up let me know or send me a PM. It starts at 4 and ends at 9PM tonight.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Is anyone going Northeast Ourdoor Expo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:07 AM »
I went there one year I believe its kinda neat, did it through school we were setup there.

You get a free pass to the Museum, they use too have a trout pond where the younger kids could catch a trout. They had a fly fishing demonstration.

have fun if ya go.

FK
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:25 AM »
They are charging to get in, I believe its $8 for adults, kids under 3 are free. You can get a discount if you show them your Stewarts milk club card.

dwayne

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:26 AM »
I went there one year I believe its kinda neat, did it through school we were setup there.

You get a free pass to the Museum, they use too have a trout pond where the younger kids could catch a trout. They had a fly fishing demonstration.

have fun if ya go.

FK

Isn't the state musuem always free?

camo_fish

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2006, 11:12 AM »
I'm going down on Sat. probably around 10a and stay till about lunch. If I can get down early the better. Earlier the better for the trout pond, always the first stop.  ;D And getting out of there around lunch time when the bulk of the people get there, is always a plus.  ;)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2006, 12:31 PM »
I'm going to be fishing this weekend. If it was rainy I'd go. The call of the frozen ice is just too much for me. ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

camo_fish

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:14 PM »
The call of the frozen ice is just too much for me. ;D
LOL  :roflmao: The call of my boat in the back yard is calling to me.  ;)2 got her 2 new trolling motor batteries that I'm unloading to the garage to charge them up.  :flex: Next week is open water fishing Thursday or Friday.  :woot: :thumbsup: One can only hope.  :whistle:

So it is the show on Sat. morning with the family and hoping that Camo Jr. can get a trout or two.  ;)2 Last year we got one but jumped out of my hand back into the pool.   :bow: nice little rainbows.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I remember as a kid catching a few trout out of those ponds at the expo.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:50 PM »
The museum is free but the expo isn't :'(  I will definitely be going tonight. I look forward to the trout pond. Do I need to bring a pole ???
Camo, I wish I could meet up with on Sat but my wife has me going to listen to the school superindtendent at 10 am  :'(

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:51 PM »
I went last year and I wasn't that impressed...... The birds of prey were cool though.

camo_fish

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2006, 02:47 PM »
The birds of prey were cool though.
Yes they were, we got a great photo of Camo Jr. holding a barred owl, it was awesome. Can't wait to get another shot with him holding another bird. Maybe a red-tailed hawk or a falcon this year, who knows.

I look forward to the trout pond. Do I need to bring a pole ???
Camo, I wish I could meet up with on Sat but my wife has me going to listen to the school superindtendent at 10 am  :'(
No pole needed.  ;D and listening to the superintendent really sounds like fun.  :wacko: NOT  :blink:
Tomarrow is my last day off then back to work till middle next week, than I'm praying to get the boat in the water.  ;)2  :clap:

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2006, 02:48 PM »
I'm going to go on saturday.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Isn't the state musuem always free?

I guess it was still pretty neat :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Just got back tonight. The birds of prey were pretty cool. The trout pond was neat but I didn't see to many trout being caught by the kids.
There seemed to be lots of hunting stuff. Not my thing :-\ It was good for a Friday night.
The thing that got my attention was a new inflatable jacket that I think would be great for ice fishing. The display was right across from the trout pond. I believe it was called Float Tech. The company is based out of Troy NY and the jacket itself is coast guard certified. Basically the jacket has a co2 cartridge that would inflate a vest when and if you were to fall into water or through the ice. Seems like a good idea. I be curious to see what all of you think ??? www.floattech.com

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:46 AM »
Where is this expo taking place? There is an outdoor show comming up here in the Watertaown area this month also. I will get details and post them if anyone is interested.
                                                                                      JK

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:49 AM »
albany ny at the empire state plaza

NAD42

« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Just got back tonight. The birds of prey were pretty cool. The trout pond was neat but I didn't see to many trout being caught by the kids.
There seemed to be lots of hunting stuff. Not my thing :-\ It was good for a Friday night.
The thing that got my attention was a new inflatable jacket that I think would be great for ice fishing. The display was right across from the trout pond. I believe it was called Float Tech. The company is based out of Troy NY and the jacket itself is coast guard certified. Basically the jacket has a co2 cartridge that would inflate a vest when and if you were to fall into water or through the ice. Seems like a good idea. I be curious to see what all of you think ??? www.floattech.com

...gotta take a tiny piece of aluminum foil and put it on the hook....it does wonders!!!  ;) ...my daughter ROCKED' EM last year at the...plaza.  ;D

camo_fish

« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2006, 12:35 AM »
...gotta take a tiny piece of aluminum foil and put it on the hook....it does wonders!!!  ;) ...my daughter ROCKED' EM last year at the...plaza.  ;D
now ya tell me.  ;D We only had one hit, bait stealer  :P and then it was off to the birds of prey.  ;D Camo Jr. held and got his picture with the afrian crow. bummer that there owl this year was a big hawk owl that was to big for the little guy to hold, and he picked the black and white crow over the hawk. oh well, there is always next year.  ;)
The jerky, venison sticks and cajun sticks are always a top, too. MMMM good.  ;D

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2006, 10:05 AM »
what did you guys think of the float tech jacket ???

camo_fish

« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2006, 04:17 PM »
what did you guys think of the float tech jacket ???
I didn't even check them out.  :-\

Offline Camp Bassfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Baaaaa Baaaaa
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2006, 07:48 AM »
We caught one little brown. The kids next to us got a hook in that 20+ inch trout. The guy said he runs about 3 1/2 pounds. Broke the kids line.

Skip the foil, go inside first and get a hot-dog. Save a small piece and use that. They go nuts for them. Something different I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.