New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hurry up then not go......  (Read 1245 times)

Offline ANGLER

• IceShanty Rookie
Hurry up then not go......
« on: Mar 11, 2006, 06:58 AM »

Woke up this morning all excited to head up to 7th lake and give some Laker action a go.... Tick tock goes the clock as  i wait for my partner for the day.. 15 mins late...30mins...1hr... .. Normally by now i'd leave but being late ice i prefer the bubby system...... here i am 2 1/2 hours from when i wanted to leave still sitting  >:(  the friggen lake is a 3 hr drive...... such a frustrating year as it was.... this isn't helping wrap it up on a high note....

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hurry up then not go......
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2006, 08:25 AM »
Got one of those myself...I feel for ya!!! Find a new partner

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2006, 08:43 AM »
Call is ass up and b***h him out lol Id still go somewhere jsut closer now I guess.

IM sitting at home right now waiting for noone just cant decide where to go maybe walleyes t his evening :)

hope you make it out and stay on top

FK
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I am also waiting for my friend supposed to show up at 6 am I dont think he is coming oh well I will go chase the crappies this evening I hope It is very sunny and warm out not sure how bad of an effect it will have on the ice. The people who give me permission to walk out on their landwill probably freak out if they see me with the extension ladder out to get on the ice but oh well Im not ready to pack it away yet.

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Call is ass up and b***h him out lol Id still go somewhere jsut closer now I guess.

IM sitting at home right now waiting for noone just cant decide where to go maybe walleyes t his evening :)

hope you make it out and stay on top

FK
     When you fish for walleye at night, do you have to worry about the perch tearing up you bait or do the perch subside after dark??

JK

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Perch at night  lol actually 2 times this week i was catching perch right through dark untill 7- 7:10 pm :) sometimes a perch may take a minnow but ussually they lay low at night.

stay on top
FK
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline ANGLER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2006, 03:44 PM »
 ;D

Called off the ice trip and hit the open water. Went down to the mouth of the oswego river into Lake ontario . Had a great day. Almost no wind was the golden ticket.. worked wrights landing.. Museum area,, hotels and the Port authority,,, caught bluegill.. perch.. 2 rainbows!!! shocked but may be stocked. only 12 inch each and hit minnows in 20fow. I took a pole a flipped some ice chunks under the and opened holed along the wall at the museum near the Navy boats and caught bluegill..perch.. hit the hotel area to the port authority and caught a couple perch and the 2 rainbows. was a great day

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Their was about 8 of us on Seventh lake today should have came up.  fishing was slow to be nice.  Rob and Ozzy caught some dinks  That was about it, beautiful day however.  Ice was about 16 inches thick.

Matt
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

billybono

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2006, 06:12 PM »
sounds like an awesome day on the big "O" angler  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  it only gets better from here  ;)

billybono

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.