New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lost my favorite rod !!!!!But got it back!!!  (Read 1329 times)

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
Lost my favorite rod !!!!!But got it back!!!
« on: Mar 09, 2006, 10:39 PM »
I was fishing walleye in maple springs and the darn rod fell off my lap and straight into the hole!!!I was just sick!!39 feet of water!!!Went home at 7pm got my marcum underwater camera went back and by 10 oclock and 7 holes later i had that baby sitting back on the ice!!! Still cant believe it.
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lost my favorite rod !!!!!But got it back!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Thats Dedication :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Good save!  One time my brother dropped his shades in the hole, then 10 minutes later he pulled them out completely by accident.  I wouldn't have believed him if I wasn't sitting right there.  
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Offline lundprov17

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater, Turkey, Deer Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2006, 06:00 AM »
  Last Sunday we was on Canadarago. My buddy had a  flag go off. He started pulling it in and his handlines 8 yards away.................. one pole and holder went right down into the hole and headed for bottom in 10 fow. The other handline started to but I grabbed it and unhooked the lure to keep more from tangling. At the same time he kept pulling in his tipup line and pulled the other handline rod back up thru the hole. The only thing lost on the bottom then was the rodholder. After straightening up the mess and getting lines back in the water, he jigged up the rod holder.
I'm enjoying being outdoors!!!!!!

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get the gaf, I'm catching this one!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2006, 01:28 PM »
 Yo Hunters,
  You should join a horseshoe pitching club! Sounds like ya carry one with you in your back pocket. Bye the way, did you see any fish down that there hole? ;D

JD
" I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anytime!"

Offline iceman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Last weekend end I droped my rod down the hole; but I was quick to grab it. ;D

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2006, 02:32 PM »
I think I have only ever dropped one rod down a hole, and that was this season. I was working on changing the jig and knocked the rod down the hole...I still had the jig in my hand so I was able to pull it back up, but of course I had left the bail open, so it was a lot of pulling as the rod sank i had to keep pulling until i had spooled the reel then I was able to pull up the rod

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Yo Hunters,
  You should join a horseshoe pitching club! Sounds like ya carry one with you in your back pocket. Bye the way, did you see any fish down that there hole? ;D

JD
Thats funny cause when i got home told the wife i got the rod back she aked if i seen any fish while i was looking for the rod!!!  And no only thing i saw was a stick and the rod!!(The reel works like crap now my buddy said to try dura lube?)
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2006, 09:36 AM »
I know this is gonna be hard to believe, but it's true.  I was fishing new albion lake in early spring about 3 years ago.My buddy had a brilliant idea to fish from a canoe,  It was really cold.... So we paddle all around...I,m freezin'.  I make my 1st cast out (with a borrowed ultralight cherrywood rod )  close the bail and the rod just slips out of my frozen hand.  My buddy is laughin his behind off at me. We oar back to shore (of course all the guys on shore are wondering  whats up with this moron...)  Grab another rod and fish the rest of the mornin.  Here's where it gets good.  We go back next saturday...from shore this time.  Its a beautiful mornin,  we are watching some guys in a canoe when one of them stars laughin real loud,  He just reeled up a fishin rod ...Guess who's.  Now picture this,  anyone who has ever fished there knows this,   its real quiet there in the A.M. so everybody there can here this guy yellin and laughin.  It gets worse,  he reels up the line and there is a small trout with the hook swallowed on the line.  I thought the laughter was loud before.  My buddy was sayin ...tell em its yours.  Needless to say I was way too embarrassed. I probably would not believe it either if it didn't happen to me.
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Seems easier to get a rod back if you lose it under the ice than on top of it... :(

Good find!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.