Author Topic: Tica Cetus SS500 vs Tica Cetus SS800  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Bubba340

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tica Cetus SS500 vs Tica Cetus SS800
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:24 PM »
I personally have GV500 and a SS800.  I like the GV500 better simply from a bail spring aspect.  Unless i got two freak bad ones 3 years apart....the SS800's bail springs are WEAK.  I bought a couple more recently and returned them.  I like the weight and look and drag on the SS800, but i'm telling you,  that bail spring on it is suspect.  $40 for a real with weak bail springs right out of the package.  No way.  I was sold on Tica but now i'm not sure.  I just bought a Diawa Leguna 500,  i'll try it out. 

I can say 100% , a pflueger president is by far the WORST spinning reel of all time in the winter.  I have the anti reverse freeze and the reel free spools backward.  They are junk in the cold.

I just bought 2 of the Diawa Revros LT 1000 for my walleye rods,  so far they been out in some cold stuff,  0-10 degrees and i'm impressed.  That's why I went with the leguna for my new D&H perch pounder,  i'm hoping it works out well.

about the presidents anti-reverse freezing up..if you work some quantum "hot sauce" into the reel that problem goes away and stays away,  so you don't have to throw it away now...I did not even take mine apart, just placed a few drops into all the nooks and crannies that I could work it into near the anti reverse...

Offline IceFishFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tica Cetus SS500 vs Tica Cetus SS800
« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2019, 08:49 AM »
about the presidents anti-reverse freezing up..if you work some quantum "hot sauce" into the reel that problem goes away and stays away,  so you don't have to throw it away now...I did not even take mine apart, just placed a few drops into all the nooks and crannies that I could work it into near the anti reverse...

Thanks for the tip,  i'll try that.  I didn't throw them away because of the anti-reverse cause that was only on ice.  It seems like the presidents get goofy after a couple years,  they catch when reeling slow or hesitate.  That totally messes you up with pitching jigs and such.  I had a couple reels guys work on them and it seems fine at first then resurfaces.  what is SUPER odd about it,  i won't start happening until you been fishing about an hour then it starts,  it's the weirdest thing.  Mind you,  these have been on the older ones with the thinner bail.  I have not had this happen yet on the new style with the beefy bail. I live on Lake winnebago,  I fish every day so stuff get used.  I have had MANY people say they never had issues with a president.  I fish 75 times a year more than them though.  I was just noting that because I didn't want to hear "that never happened to me.  Only days I don't fish typically are weekends or rain...or huge winds.  Otherwise i'm tooling around trying to get a bite somewhere.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.