Author Topic: East Bass Lake/Gwinn  (Read 17568 times)

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: East Bass Lake/Gwinn
« Reply #60 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Made my way to EB today, on the sled and wow, I now have the notion to get there tomorow for some pike fishing. Met some great people from skandia and also another fella that has a house on the lake. Fun to hang with them for a few and chat. Sending a pic of my sled on the frozen tundra.  ;)

Offline gladstoned

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 26, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Ya, I heard one tiny perch won last year. lol. That is insane.
It's my first time getting out this year too.
I will post how it turns out.

5 fish caught for the whole tourney. I didn't catch any of them.
Still a great time though.

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #62 on: Jan 26, 2013, 11:14 PM »
Made my way to EB today, on the sled and wow, I now have the notion to get there tomorow for some pike fishing. Met some great people from skandia and also another fella that has a house on the lake. Fun to hang with them for a few and chat. Sending a pic of my sled on the frozen tundra.  ;) (Image removed from quote.)

If I only had a sled, I'd get to where the fish are, with 6 inches of snow on the lake, my loaded down trap is too hard to pull that far...Glad you had a good time, wish I could make it out tomorrow, too many other things to do..Good Luck!  ;D
Frozen Snot....It's a fashion statement!

Offline pizzi22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's Colder than a witches titti out there.
« Reply #63 on: Jan 27, 2013, 12:40 AM »
Headed out on East Bass tomorrow for those elusive big pike.
Would you do me the honor of accompanying me to my ice shanty tomorrow?

(Grumpy Old Men)

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #64 on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:26 AM »
If you go out to the right of that peninsula out there, run a tip up with some big sucker or shiners in about 10 f.o.w....you'll see flags.   I was about 100 yards from the point, about 75 yards from that silver permanent out there.  He's a nice guy too by the way.

Offline pizzi22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 28, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Caught only two pike today on Bass, had one at the 24 inch mark, half of the fish had been swallowed by a even larger fish. The pike had bite marks and jaw marks all the way around its body up to its mid back, so that means some monsters are lurking around if they are hitting 24 inch pike.

Just for additional info had a huge fish at Engmans lake on a tip up, it snapped a fourty pound braided line, no idea what it was but the line went out and I pulled my brother in- law yanked on the line and fought the fish for about the seconds and then the line snapped. About a hundred feet off the launch.

(Grumpy Old Men)

Offline uplures

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gone fishin!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 28, 2013, 10:32 PM »
I've had two on EB that broke my barrel swivels. There are some big Pike floating around in there.

Offline UPHAWKEYE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:36 AM »
Dont be surprised if you do get one of those monsters in and it a Muskie.  Got a couple friends that live on that lake and fish it a lot.  Not 100% sure, one of them saw a huge fish under his dock he swears looked like a Muskie but it bolted before he got a better look at it.  The other has hooked into a monster a few years back that pulled jim around for a while before cutting through his steel leader.  Never got a positive ID on it but swears its was bigger than any big pike he has landed.  DNR did plant Tigers in there from '83-'91 so there could be a few left over and would be absolute beasts by now.

Offline gladstoned

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:50 PM »
I will have to hit EB next week.

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:27 PM »
How much ice is on East Bass?

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 30, 2013, 04:46 AM »
I have fished this lake many, many times and yes been stuck with snotrockets more than I care to count. But I have hooked into a few that have given me no chance of landing them. There is huge trophy's to be had and I will pursue them every chance I can. Just gotta be persistant. The fact of hearing about 24" northerns with bite marks half way up their their torso is not a fallacy, I have seen it multiple times. The big ones are there and even though they are elusive, they are there, be the hunter and you shall find. :)

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #71 on: Jan 30, 2013, 05:00 AM »
How much ice is on East Bass?
12 inches  ;D

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:17 AM »
Anybody braving the storm and is out on EB today? I was thinking of heading out just to visit today with my sled.

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #73 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:48 PM »
Goin' ta bed, gotta date with the Clam, Heater Buddy and Vexilar on Johnson lake in the mornin!

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:08 AM »
Goin' ta bed, gotta date with the Clam, Heater Buddy and Vexilar on Johnson lake in the mornin!
I can see your blue shack from my living room window, what's your target fish for the day sir?

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 02, 2013, 01:59 PM »
My lady and I will be headed out to EB tomorow (2-3-2013) in the morning, going to pursue those elusive monster predators. If you get a chance and happen to be out there yourself, stop on by and say hello. It should be a blast for sure.

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #76 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Quantumm, I was fishing for perch, only got two...they were extremely finnackY(?) Was still nice to get out though.  Momma already made plans for me or I'd try to meet you out there on EB.  Love running tip ups on that lake, there are definately some big uns in there! With the snow though..can't get out there far enough, my gear is too heavy to drag out to the peninsula where prefer to go.  Good luck to you!

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:42 PM »
Quantumm, I was fishing for perch, only got two...they were extremely finnackY(?) Was still nice to get out though.  Momma already made plans for me or I'd try to meet you out there on EB.  Love running tip ups on that lake, there are definately some big uns in there! With the snow though..can't get out there far enough, my gear is too heavy to drag out to the peninsula where prefer to go.  Good luck to you!
Fully understood about being a trek if you have no means to hitch a ride somehow. Perhaps we can set up a time, and with my snowmobile, we can get you out a little further so you can enjoy the prime spots. I also have some prime locations on Johnson lake you can try, but then again, you are in the same pickle as before, the spots are a ways from the boat landing as well.

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #78 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Definately appreciate the offer, would love to meet up sometime.  I am definately gonna have a quad or snowmobile for next season!

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 13, 2013, 11:56 AM »
Well, I am once again giving EB another shot. On Super Bowl Sunday, my lady and I had no bites but did manage to pull up a crawdad, so not necessarily skunked. Today I've been here about an hour and had a couple good bites but in it today for the long haul. Finally got my strikemaster 1200 dp electric so punching holes will be a lot easier. UPDATE, just pulled in a couple snotrockets but nothing to brag about. If anyone comes out here today, look me up. Chillin just s/e of the peninsula, I've got beer, lol.

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #80 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Took a vacation day this Friday, anyone want to meet up for a day on the ice? EB, Johnson, Engman...i'm game.

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Mar 07, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Hoping to have my permi out on EB this coming Saturday, which I am really excited about. Hopefully the ice will remain strong for another week or at least til the end of pike/eye season. If you see us, stop on by and so yo. @_@.

Offline pizzi22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 03, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Just wanted to drop in and say hi to my younger self... was maybe thinking about fishing east bass this weekened. Any news?

(Grumpy Old Men)

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 04, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Enjoyed reading through this thread.  Read about 30 of the messages before I realized it was 2013. Lol!  How's the ice looking?
Adam

Offline pizzi22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 06, 2019, 09:40 AM »
I did not fish east bass this weekend. We fished down in gladstone, caught nothing.

Will try autrain basin today...

(Grumpy Old Men)

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 07, 2019, 04:40 AM »
How did you do on the basin?
Catching Any?

Offline DaYoop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 24, 2019, 11:07 PM »
Is the parking lot at the launch plowed at all?  I want to use my snowmobile to pull all my crap out there and I need some room to park a truck and enclosed trailer.  If not plowed, can I at least turn around somewhere?  Hoping to get out there this weekend. 

Offline atallgiraffe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 25, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Was there a couple days ago, was not plowed but was hard packed enough to get a vehicle all the way around (and some room for parking).
You could put probably get your truck and trailer around the loop but it might be tight. Otherwise there should be room to back into the lot off diretcly off Seass to get turned around.

Offline DaYoop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Jan 25, 2019, 06:59 PM »
I took a ride out there today to check it out.  I didn't have my trailer but I did have my plow on the truck so I just went ahead and plowed the lot out.  It would still be a little tight going around the loop with my trailer but I think if I go the wrong way in the loop I will have lots of room to turn around and park and then go out the right way.  Hopefully soon. 

Offline atallgiraffe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 26, 2019, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for doing that! Will probably be out there tomorrow afternoon using the freshly plowed lot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.