Author Topic: New gear for this year  (Read 4703 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
New gear for this year
« on: Sep 17, 2012, 11:59 PM »
I wish i could keep my self off that dang amazon, my girl has the prime plan and it seems like such a waste not to get our monies worth on the shipping  ;) k2 started this off kinda on the who's ready thread with their new lites.  So this is what i've purchased so far for the new hard deck season

Hardside pole holder, red (only color it comes in  :( wont be leavin it behind)
New ice pics, older ones just didnt cut it. I really like the necklace design easier to access
2 medium action celcuis rod combos, for the price they have a great drag(found 1 at chesterfield and its my fav now)
5 tungsten jigs from sportsmansdirect, all glow for them slabos
1 new jig box and i might need another or im sure i will
2 piece ice chisel, me and fishon11 went in on this one. Will come in handy early in the year and at the burbot bash
1 spool suffix 4lb and 6lb test ice line
1 spool stren manga thin 4lb red, bought by mistake didnt see it was red  ::)
3 fish pole alarms, these might come in handy at the burbot bash still tinkering with them (pretty cheap build up from china)
rapala glow box, got the big one as the jigs we use at the bash can be pretty good size
and there is some discussion a few of us might go in on the new clam 1660mag portable for those night trips to the view when we wanna sit around in one hut and shoot the poop while hookin up some slabos
thinking of investing in a striker ice jacket as im needing a new one
i really need to keep off online shopping  :whistle: :unsure: :whistle: ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New gear for this year
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2012, 03:57 AM »
This is what i have bought so far for the new hard deck season.........
I ordered a variety of jigs from a few differant places custom jigs and spins , jamin jigs,  and lindy which I'm still mad about the genz bug cause that was my go to jig for crappie last year.
Blades for my strikemaster.
new ice line for 4 of my rods
went to bass pro shop when me and the wife hit Vegas and loaded up on the plastics and another bag with 4 plastic containers to hold lures, jigs , baits ecs......
and that about sums it up for now but its still early ;D

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2012, 07:27 AM »
Been buying and biding on tons of stuff on ebay.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2012, 06:31 PM »
not me i will get stuff when it to late  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2012, 07:42 PM »
lindy which I'm still mad about the genz bug cause that was my go to jig for crappie last year

I googled them and there are some still available ( fishusa, thorne bros and overstockbait)  guess i just depends what colors your looking for, have you seen the new foo flyer from lindy or the tinker tails made by gary snyder they had them in the new infisherman. Thinkin about gettin a couple of each when they are available  ???

not me i will get stuff when it to late  :laugh: :laugh:

oh now come on i know for positive that you have some new stuff 
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2012, 08:00 PM »
OK i got that new hard case for my poles and that's about it for now i am trying to get more stuff with out the wife finding out lol  ;) ;)

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2012, 11:18 PM »
Well add a new battery for the fl20 to the list, pulled it out today and it will not hold a charge  :(

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2012, 11:47 PM »
There was a guy selling them on ksl that lives in layton he had the 9A hr ones too. I bought 2 from him last winter and they are still going strong
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2012, 12:01 AM »
Dosent look like them batteries are on there still, his ad in the fishing section is way to old to pull up. With some luck maybe he'll be selling some more cause you couldn't beat the price $20 compared to $39.99 for the 8A hr ones at sportsmans
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2012, 02:39 AM »
Thanks for the info on the batteries i think i remember that add, Ill hold off on the battery for a little and keep checkin ksl. I am defiantly in serious need of some ice.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2012, 08:13 AM »
One of my fishing buds bought an Ice Armor suit near the end of last season when it was on sale at Sportsmans.  It made me mad as all get out because I didn't jump on it back then and buy one also while they were on sale.  Well, I'm smiling now.  I found them on sale at Cabelas at $202.88 ($270) and the shipping to the house is free right now for Cabelas Club Card holders (me) so I saved another $19.  Then I used my Club Points and knocked another $125 off the price.  So for 91 bucks and change, I'll be all decked out in this beauty come ice season.

And I'll be color coordinated with last years purchase of the Clam Yukon.

Is it ice yet?

:icefish:
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Great score on the Ice Armor.

Don't need a whole lot, some glow jigs, a spare flasher battery, and maybe an automatic fisherman.  Of course as we get closer to the season, and stores get their ice gear out, I am sure I will find some other things I just can't live without.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:21 AM »
Thats a killer deal you got there dubob  :thumbsup: and i agree totaly with ya addicted to ice fishing im sure theres going to be some stuff i cant live without also as soon as they start breakin out the ice gear
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #13 on: Sep 24, 2012, 09:05 PM »
great stuff ya i want a lot of things to but i might have to get a nother job or just quit working and live on The land ;D

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:40 PM »
Have any of you guys used that ice armor suit, i looked at it last year but was wondering if it is going to work for my situations ,there was others that looked and felt warmer but i really don't know i am still in the market for a new suit so if anyone could inform me on this suit or any others they would recommend i would appreciate it
thanks woody 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:29 AM »
I myself just have some of the winter extreme carthart bibs and they have always kept me very warm, but since i have started wearing a good base layer very rarely do i have them on unless its really cold. Im in the market for a new jacket and have been leaning towards the floating kind,  there's a pretty good thread going on the general discussion board right now.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I have some The those carhart bibs also and love them they ear just getting to small so i want to check all my options out before i buy again, i wear these Remington snow bibs alot in the real cold weather they are very warm but if they get wet they absorb the water. i am planning on doing the reeling for relay this year and want to make sure whatever i buy is going to be good for all situations up there. and ill check out thatthread cause i do need a new jacket also.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
More info
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2012, 01:02 PM »
I’ve been wearing the Dickies version of the Carhartt and simply got tired of all the weight associated with that type of clothing.  It is warm and I never got cold wearing it, but is way heavy and gets even more so when wet – it ain’t waterproof.  Here’s a quick overview on the set I bought:

Available in size small to 3XL
Windproof, waterproof and breathable Tactel Nylon Oxford Shell
Padded knees and rear end
Fleece lined pockets
Large cargo pockets
Neoprene cuffs on parka
Strategically placed “D” rings for accessories
Adjustable hood
Comfortable Polyester Tricot lining
Reflective safety strips on parka and bibs
Parka/Bib combo
500D Ballistic Nylon Knee
Two zipper pockets at hip with one passing through to inside
Reflective piping for safety
Rubber cat tongue zipper pulls
Longer leg zipper opening to lower hip – easy on easy off

If you want some insulation in the suit, you can expect to spend about $100 more for the Extreme version of what I bought.  I’d prefer to layer underneath the suit to be more flexible.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Sep 25, 2012, 02:01 PM »
dubob, what is the name of the suit you have if you dont mind, i would like to check it out.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 25, 2012, 02:24 PM »
You can see it here: Cabela's

Or, you can see it here: Clam
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2012, 07:43 PM »
So this won't do me much good this winter but i just couldnt pass it up for $100 at a fundraiser yard sale, its an 8 footer and i have been keeping my eye for a 9 to support my big butt which i have never seen for under $250 used. 8 should work just fine at that price. Only defects other than the normal wear and tear was a small hole in 1 of the bladders which was patched up and is now airtight. Also missing an oar holder that was made from a gun holder for an atv or something like that, hopefully i can pick one of those up at sportsmans as they do hold them oars nicely while moving it around and im sure will do just the same out on the water

hoping to get it out on the water next week chasing some trout  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2012, 09:34 PM »
I think you will like it I have the buck bags sportmans 9 and have no complaints even the dog likes it

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Now that's a familiar sight, I think I've talked to you at willard and pineview possibly unless another tooner around here takes his golden out with him. Good set up iceman and good fishin partner too. Can't wait to try it out. Fishon1 just got one this summer too
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2012, 10:27 PM »
That is very possible i have talked to alot of people and fishall the lakes around here, my golden loves it he has gone with me almost every time since he has been a pup. we will have to go sometime especially hit ice off at the berry that is a blast.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2012, 05:24 PM »
Bad news for the new pontoon  :( while searching for a replacement oar rest i found out that apperantly this toon maker has been out of business for alot of years and bucks might be able to help me with a replacement bladder if and when mine quit holding air. I will just have to relocate the nozzle by cutting into the skin somewhere, MAYBE. Oh well i guess ill just use carefully till it quits holding air  ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2012, 08:55 AM »
So... I was brave......went to the new Utah Scheels Outfitters on opening day! yes a lot of people but I did find a couple new items for my ice fishing habit. 
2 rubber coated rod holders for bucket
2 drink holders for bucket
2 Rappala mini charge n glows (this is a must have for using glow jigs)
why 2 of everything?  lol cuz my wife likes to fish too!!
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2012, 10:13 AM »
So... I was brave......went to the new Utah Scheels Outfitters on opening day! yes a lot of people but I did find a couple new items for my ice fishing habit

Hey TrackerG how was that new scheels? Atleast compared to cabelas
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2012, 05:46 PM »
I thought it was alright...i went thru pretty fast cuz there was so many people....prices seemed okay on the fishing stuff
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline flintlokusa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Just picked up a 1997 Arctic Cat Bear Cat 440 Sled  ;D Got tired of dragging the pop up . Started to get it decked out, bought my studs for the track , some bucket holders , now comes the design and fabrication
Keep Your Powder Dry

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Oct 11, 2012, 09:01 AM »
I thought it was alright...i went thru pretty fast cuz there was so many people....prices seemed okay on the fishing stuff

Dont blame you on the crowds, i would have done the same thing. I think i'll wait to pay that place a visit  ??? maybe LOL

Just picked up a 1997 Arctic Cat Bear Cat 440 Sled  ;D Got tired of dragging the pop up . Started to get it decked out, bought my studs for the track , some bucket holders , now comes the design and fabrication

I was looking for a sled the year before last and was checking out one of those bear cats up in Evanston,WY. Nice sled and and extra wide track. The only thing that swayed me from it was the heavier weight, being that its a real work horse from what i read about it. Not always the thickest ice around here and we do get some pretty deep snow sometimes, So i had to go lighter. I ended up with a 97 two-up polaris 500 classic, only had to drive a few miles to get it and the price was right. Now if we could just get enough snow to use them things
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.