Author Topic: Got bait  (Read 1318 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Got bait
« on: Sep 09, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Made the annual trip to my moms in lava hot springs for the friends and family weekend and decided while we were there to get some of our own bait for the burbot bash. The carp in the river on her property are just huge and if i can help in cleaning a few out here and there its all good. Me and fishon1 pulled 1 fish each with many getting off. The kids could barely hold mine up for a pic

heres the one fishon1 got

these things were chucked full of eggs, more than i think i have ever seen in a fish and the fillets were HUGE  :o
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Got bait
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2012, 04:35 PM »
ya i think we are all most ready for the hard deck  ;D ;D

Offline JigginInID

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Nice haul! That'll last you for a while.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Nice catch!
I bet the kids loved every minute of it.  ;D

they did, they wasnt to impressed when we fileted them up though  :sick: lol

Nice haul! That'll last you for a while.

I hope so, lets just hope them burbot eat it up. No more buying sucker or chub at sportsmans equals more coldies in the cooler
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline JigginInID

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2012, 06:00 PM »
I think you're on the right track. Sucker meat is good for a lot of cellar dwellers.
From what I've read they like the really gnarly stuff. Strip it out and let it get ripe.
Never fished for them myself. Don't believe they exist in ID anywhere that I know of.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2012, 08:32 PM »
I think you're on the right track. Sucker meat is good for a lot of cellar dwellers.
From what I've read they like the really gnarly stuff. Strip it out and let it get ripe.
Never fished for them myself. Don't believe they exist in ID anywhere that I know of.

We've got our fingers crossed that they'll luv it. Our team came in with 3rd biggest last year at the burbot bash on flaming gorge but we really would like to get some #'s. I hope they can keep em out of ID but UT has no doubt they are in the green river drainage and thats just how its gonna be. They are actually very good eatin
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2012, 08:20 AM »
ya i think that our team is on the wright track  ;D ;D. well see on the scout trip come on hard deck

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2012, 06:26 AM »
Looks like that was a whole lot of fun with the kiddos carp'n...and as a side benefit reading looks like ya have some future hard deck bait for them lin-cod family fishies...we're getting stoked for the hard deck also.   :) :)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2012, 01:18 AM »
I hear ya k2 just wish i could keep off amazon cause its startin to get pricey and we still got awhile to go before ice up, did invest in some tungsten jigs finally. Should be here in the next week  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.