Author Topic: pineview leapday  (Read 1029 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
pineview leapday
« on: Mar 01, 2012, 06:27 AM »
Fished port ramp from 3-8pm. It was dead calm when i arrived but after being in the wind all day down in town i knew it wouldn't be long and i was right. Got the tent set up and sure enough the wind and snow came in. Snowed 4in in the 5hrs i was there and the fishin was about as hot as the weather. Did manage a 10in crappie on the pk red dot glow and there were plenty down there, they were of course tight lipped as usual. But with the incoming storm it figures. Edges were still soft and there is still open water about 2-3ft out from the bank in areas. Ice is still hanging in there at about 10-12in. The ice in the narrows is disappearing fast and open water is steadily appoaching the trail going down. Tightlines everyone  :tipup: :tipup:

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: pineview leapday
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012, 02:55 PM »
try a bros bloodworm;)

I love that lake.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Does anyone on that lake use tungsten? Lots of times it has improved the bite for me, because you can go smaller. Just wondering...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:21 AM »
try a bros bloodworm;)

I'll have to give them a try. Just gotta find where they sell them around here

Does anyone on that lake use tungsten? Lots of times it has improved the bite for me, because you can go smaller. Just wondering...

I dont use tungsten myself but i do use the smallest jigs i can and as heavy as i can find them. I have been veering away from having to much stuff in thier face this year (attractors above my jigs) i will probably pick up some tungsten stufff for next ice season though
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.