Author Topic: Rockport 2-15-12  (Read 1167 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Rockport 2-15-12
« on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Fished the port from daylight till 430pm. Started out west of the boat ramp in 13fow marked fish 7ft and on the bottom caught 2 and buddies caught 3, then it died off around 9-10. Not a whole lot movin thru on the finder so wed decided to head for deeper water lookin for some perch on the bottom. Found some good color on the bottom in 55fow. Popped some holes dropped down and NADA couldnt buy a bite down there. Was really succesful hookin the trout at 10-15fow. Ended the day with 18 trout for myself and about 30-35 for the group of 5. White was the hot color most of the day. Sorry no pics but the biggest was only 16in and NO TAGS, none turned in yet either  :( ice is in great shape up there 15-17in with about 6-8in of snow on top, just wish i would have taken the snowmobile as my legs are spent. This is the most snow i've seen on the ice anywhere i've been this year.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Heavycod

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fisher fool
Re: Rockport 2-15-12
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Was there any slush?
Hookin N Cookin

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:21 PM »
No it was actually holding up pretty good. It was a bit wet on the edge at the boat ramp where wheelers were breakin the ice up a little, but nothing i'd worry about
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:35 PM »
I know what ur talking about with the snow. Last sunday we got there before daylight. just started snowing lightly. my friend caught a decent rainbow right off so after an hour of fishing in the snow, I set up my QF4. By the time we left about 1pm, we were dragging sleds thru about 8 to 10 inches of snow! A lot of work for one rainbow!!
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:29 PM »
thanks for the update we are headed up on sat, hopin for some perch and a tag!!!!
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline auger in

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2012, 03:49 PM »
That was some snow, huh Tracker.
We were with 16 boy scouts staying overnight in the Yurts. We woke up to an inch, by the time breakfast was over we had 6".  Talk about a hard drive out, two of our vehicles were 2wd!

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2012, 12:55 AM »
well we fished from 12 to 8:30, solid ice lots of snow awesome night views...oh wait the wife skunked me again with one that's 1,albeit a nice 16 in rainbow..about 6:00, we were off cutler campground in 15' fow very slow might return next week, i gotta catch something at the rock on the ice this year....more fishing than catching so far...
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2012, 07:11 PM »
well we fished from 12 to 8:30, solid ice lots of snow awesome night views...oh wait the wife skunked me again with one that's 1,albeit a nice 16 in rainbow..about 6:00, we were off cutler campground in 15' fow very slow might return next week, i gotta catch something at the rock on the ice this year....more fishing than catching so far...

sorry to hear you guys didnt do better  :( i wonder if anyones going to get a tag  ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:12 PM »
the rock is solid, 18-20'' of ice we went wed caught 7 mised a bunch the big fish of the day came out of one hole only to come off and back down another...the big one always gets away. we were 1000 feet out from the ramp in 50 feet of water, fish were at 10 to 15' using white paddle bug w/pink crappie nuggets under kast masters anything shinny. it was great untill parley's was closed on the way home...headed back on monday i think
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.