Author Topic: Tired of this warm weather  (Read 6196 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Re: Tired of this warm weather
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2007, 11:16 AM »
How you guy's making out with the ice storms ?
I have family in the Kearney are and they havent had power for 4 days as of yesterday !
No ice on the lakes there though the way it sounds .

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Several communities without power and will be for up to 2 weeks. Generaters are selling well.

We missed the ice and got more snow. Hard to get around in the hills and all my shovelers were back in school today. :(

Still plenty of ice this direction. Most lakes have 10+ inches. Trying to get out a couple of time a week.

dc

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2007, 08:28 PM »
In the Kearney and Grand Island there isn't a generator to be found and according to my son in Kearney Wal-mart has nothing to do with heat , cooking or lights in stock . Even gas cans are sold out ! I guess there is almost five thousand miles of power and phone lines out according to my uncle who works for the phone company and nearly fifty thousand utility poles snapped in half !

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Geez do I feel bad for being out of the loop.  We dont get Nebraska local channels here on Dish network.  All I see is SD locals.  The storm we had last weekend skirted us and hit down there really bad huh?  I feel like such a hermit cooped up here  I dont even get a statewide paper and our local paper said nothing that i saw about it.  I Had to hear about it here on IS

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2007, 11:25 AM »
We lost power last Sat and just got back on yesterday.  It is a real mess around the Kearney area.  We had to stay in Krny til our power came on.  I am ready to get back to normal and get the ice gear ready.  Buddy of mine was on 10" yesterday.

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2007, 04:09 PM »
This is on the Mill Pond,  north edge of Valentine

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/hardh2ofish/100_0885.jpg

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Nice ice!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Yeah you can barely see the water line right at 13"

Did you make your trip this way yet RJ?  Weather wasnt very nice last weekend, but we had it better here than others did

Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.