Author Topic: Buddy heater  (Read 710 times)

Offline ihavethetools

• Team IceShanty Regular
Buddy heater
« on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Does anyone bring their buddy heater with them even though you don't have a shanty ? Just wondering if being out, could you use it to at least warm your hands. Sorry if it sounds like a bumb question.

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Buddy heater
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:22 PM »
If it's dead calm it might work......they're pretty sensitive to wind.  Better off with a gas coleman lantern.

Offline rainbowrunner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:33 PM »
I have a friend who brings two buckets with him.  He sits on the 5 gal. and leans over the 7 gal.  He puts his heater, I'm not sure if it's a buddy, in the 7 gal. bucket.  Addresses the wind issue and keeps his hands and face warm.  Seems to work well.

Offline KingKool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lunker Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:36 PM »
They shut off even with a breath of wind or if you move them....i remember seeing pictures on here somewhere on here of some that made wind guards on them...

Offline schmutzomatic 5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Buddy heater doesn't work to good in the open. As stated it blows out.  I use that in my portable and when I am outside on a bucket I use the old style Mr.Heater that attaches to a 10lb. cyl.  It works goood and doesn't blow out.  If ya put it close to you it will keep you warm on low.  Be careful when jiggin not to bump your line up against it or kiss it goodbye (done that more than once :'()

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Buddy heater only good for in the shanty, opposite side the door your using and it must be facing away from that door as well.  The slightist breeze shuts that bad boy down.  And the wind never stops in MT, if your gonna in and out all day running after :tipup:'s; better off with the single dish heater that screws onto a 10 or 20lb bottle.  That one will cook you out though, you need to shed a coat  & hat to tolerate it. :tipup:
Z
TED NUGENT for PRESIDENT!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.