Author Topic: burchard  (Read 2086 times)

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
burchard
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Anyone have any ice reports from burchard or wagon train? Hoping to maybe try burchard this weekend if the ice is good

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: burchard
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Just came back from BURCHARD.... OPEN WATER. I am so mad. 2 inches of ice near the shore  Open water in the middle creek channel is open as well....
I LIKE FISHING BUT LIKE CATCHING EVEN MORE

Offline Fish2Live

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010, 11:13 PM »
Nice to know guess I gotta change plans for Sunday

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2010, 12:08 AM »
I hit a farm pond not to far from Burchard and it had 4 inches of ice....... got a few sunnies and some nice crappies. I hope Buchard will be ready by Christmas break....  There was a ton of open water I just cant figure it out....

Offline fowlfoolr1979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Burchard is always like that and has been ever since I can remember.... it stays open up in spots for a long time after most things around are froze.  Just wait it out and it will lock up soon.

Layne

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:58 AM »
going to check Burchard Later today I will Post an Update

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:30 PM »
I hope you find that she is froze over inHISgrip :)

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I did not make down there yet........... Still thinking about going to check tonight.... I want to fish tomorrow not sure if i should risk  trying Buchard  only to drive to wagon train that will waste some ice time

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2010, 10:03 PM »
Burchard Is still  a No go in my opinion only a bit over 3 inches and  not  good looking ice.  It was dark when i got to the lake could not tell if the water was open or not.   I

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info.  I've heard alot of good things about Burchard and I'm anxious to go try it.

Offline foot4ball

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Jam3s we are going to try and go on Monday to see if we can fish.  If you are able to join us let me know.  If you remember I have the Frabill shanty. 

Offline icebuzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Going out to Buchard Monday morning with my son to see if we can fish.  Anyone been out there in the last couple of days?

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
BURCHARD REPORT
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Myself and foot4ball hit Burchard all day Monday. Still has open water.... The geese are keeping it open we did find some fishable ice and caught some gills. I am very worried that the warm windy weather on Thursday will open the whole lake..... I will keep Team Ice shanty updated.

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Thanks for the report, would like to make it down there sometime this winter but looks like I will have to wait a bit

Offline icebuzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2010, 02:08 PM »
 Thanks too for that ice report.  I was just thinking about the same thing too, for the upcoming forecast.

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Thanks for the info inHISgrip glad to see you got out on the lake. And yea about Thursday it dont look good sounds like its going to get up to 50 wow what a weird year of temps only in Nebraska.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Man I got all excited to hear that you all were headed out to burchard.  Can't say as I'm glad to hear the reports.  This week may kill our ice.  The area ice isn't that great anyway, I just fished the lake at 192 and Dodge today and it was 4-5 inches of aerated looking ice.  Lots of cracking and popping, and it wasn't from the ice growing!!!  This particular lake was completely frozen but had some wet looking areas???  I live across from walnut creek and we're still open in the trees, but have seen guys out most days.  Anybody interested in getting together this weekend, let me know.  If we have safe ice anywhere near omaha.  Myself and two buddies were planning to head out on sunday afternon.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2010, 12:02 AM »
I am going to hit Burchard for the night fish Wed. I hope to be on the Ice before sundown

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:38 AM »
Still open water on Burchard. The Ice up the south arm is good but be careful, there is a lot of open water.I hope the cold weather next week will lock up the whole lake.  Fished Tuesday night and caught a ton of dink crappie only 4 keepers.

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:23 PM »
hit Burchard Sunday Night.. Good news it the geese are gone...  bad news The water was still open but that wont last long with Temps as they are now... The fishing was good but the size of the crappie were small. We killed the Gills a few weeks back but i can find them now...  Burchard  has always been a night lake and that has been the same this year. From 3pm to 6pm i caught 5 fish. From 6pm to 10pm I caught 20. All  small crappie maybe 4 or 5 keepers.  But my gill honey hole has been open water all the year yet so i think the best fishing is yet to come on Burchard..... gone to hit it hard Thursday Night.

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Thanks for the info inHISgrip. Has the north arm by the boat dock been froze over very long?

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Yes the North arm had 6 to 8  inches Sunday night. I have been fishing Burchard North arm since before Christmas

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.