The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tackle storage ideas.  (Read 814 times)

Mizayikaa

Tackle storage ideas.
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Last night while having "festivities" and painting some jigs I made a realization that a cork makes a great way to not only paint but to store jigs. Depending on size you can pretty easily put ten or twelve into a cork. This should work well for most any lure with a single hook. Just thought I would post and see if anyone else had handy ways to store tackle that they care to share.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tackle storage ideas.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 02:05 PM »

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:28 PM »
How big of jigs are you talking about, like for perch and such?  If so, I second the fly-fishing option mentioned above, but would recommend the the third option in the list of pictures that you can choose from when you follow the link.  It has the slits for the hooks, rather than the open container of the first box that pops up.  For small jigs, this works quite well.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:46 PM »
I have about a 24" sticky-back magnetic strip on my fly tying bench. It holds all kinds of hooks and flies. It may not work for heavy jigs though.

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Seems like yhe  Hali jigs can be difficult to carry in a tackle box , if you put more than 1 in the same  compartment,  the chains get tangled up with the other hook,

oldschoolben

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:43 PM »
Great  idea

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:54 PM »
I use a magnetic bar from Harbor Freight, (you can get them free with a coupon and purchase), over my fishing workbench. Designed for tools, they will hold any size spoon, spinner or jig, as well as tweezers, scissors, split ring pliers and other tools. I know it’s not for a tackle box,  it it sure makes my life easier!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2019, 01:56 PM »
I've got a 40' ocean container filled with fishing & hunting gear.  No joke.  It's dug into the side of the mountain next to my shop.  Works great for managing all the outdoor "stuff" including my adult kids.  No problems keeping things organized.  Smaller things like jigs, tackle, lures are simply kept in plastic organizers as shown above.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.