The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: arod lakes  (Read 731 times)

strgon84

arod lakes
« on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Does anyone have any info on arod? Ive never fished it and would like to take my kids somewhere to catch some perch.

Offline thorstk

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: arod lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2014, 04:23 PM »
fished it last weekend great ice tons of small perch in 5-10 fow. Pike fishing was extremely  slow iced 2

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:56 PM »
Haven't fished there in years, but I do know a person can get into some nice perch once in a while. Just not that many of them.

Depending on where u r travelling from, Bynum Res. might be a good option. Lots of dinks with the occasional keeper and the chance for a trout. It should keep the kids entertained. Be careful around the exposed island, open water around it and between the island and north shore. I was up there the 22-26 of Dec. Not sure how cold it has been since then? Those areas might have skimmed over but is it safe or not? The dam/boat launch should b ok. (didn't fish this area, so don't know for sure)

strgon84

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:03 PM »
Gonna give a shot on sunday without the kiddos. probably gonna be to cold for them. anybody goin out then? we'll be in a blue ford ext. cab truck with temp. plates and probably a temporary tent depending on the wind haha. Sold my clam iceshanty to a friend because I wasn't sure I would be able to make it out again, what a mistake that was. The last time I saw it used was a picture set up in his garage. Oh well, tax time around the corner, time for a new one.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Like the other guy said, if you just wanted to get your kids on fish take them to Bynum. If you feel like setting traps for pike and chasing perch youll get some action but for serious numbers Bynums were its at.

strgon84

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:42 PM »
that's the second or third time I heard that. might go there instead but still stop by arod to see whats up.  used to work with a guy 2 years ago that swears by that place.  back then all I would fish was fresno tailwater because the fishin was so good. the last couple weekends not so much. all day and 1 hammer handle. used to be 15-20 eyes and cull them till you got enough for a dinner. easy open water fishin most of the time. where would you go on Bynum if you don't mind me askin?

Offline gone_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on! Hold my beer!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:05 AM »
it's chantry. i remembered my password!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.