Author Topic: Aqua Vu Micro Revolution 5 Pro Memory Upgrade!  (Read 1876 times)

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Aqua Vu Micro Revolution 5 Pro Memory Upgrade!
« on: Mar 20, 2019, 03:14 AM »
After talking with Aqua Vu, I found out that the memory in the Micro Revolution 5 Pro is a micro SD card that can be upgraded by end users. I took the time to upgrade mine tonight and made a tutorial. Any damage you do is your responsibility. I presume this will void your warranty. I would recommend using an anti-static wrist band if you have one or otherwise taking precautions to avoid discharge of static electricity into the circuit board.

I have not tested any cards bigger than 64gb. If you use a 64gb or larger card you will need to format it in fat32. (You can use this tool: http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm)

Supplies needed: Small Phillips head screwdriver, micro SD card formatted in fat32

Step 1: Remove the circled screws from the back of your unit. Be sure not to lose them, they are tiny!

Step 2: Carefully separate the front and back halves of the unit. BE CAREFUL WITH THE WIRES! Do not stress them or you might have to resolder!

Step 3: Look at the red circuit board. The micro SD card socket has an arrow pointing to it. Look at the locking piece and slide it in the direction indicated on it to unlock it. Remove the original SD card and replace it with your upgraded one.

Step 4: Reinstall the screws and enjoy your newly upgraded camera!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.