Author Topic: Looking for aluminum bob house  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking for aluminum bob house
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Northern Fab or a mission

Min size 8x10 or 8 x12 preferred.

Let me know what you have

Thanks
Life is good!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Looking for aluminum bob house
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Northern Fab or a mission

Min size 8x10 or 8 x12 preferred.

Let me know what you have

Thanks

I have a NFS frame. i sketched out a frame design and they nailed it outta the park. Got it right the first time. My house is: Floor = 6' x 10' with a bump out ~ 20" i think.

We communicated design and requirements as we moved forward together through each step via e mail and phone. Never saw the frame until i picked it up and it was exact. Fit the trailer, siding, windows, etc....nothing for me to change.

I finished the house myself i.e.: siding, windows, interior, flooring, etc etc...

JimmyRig (Jason and Team) did an outstanding job considering we only communicated via e mail and phone.

I think with the Mission, they are cheaper however this isn't custom built. You get what you get if you ok with that. Im sure there are other factors which make them cheaper dollar wise too such as construction.

Personally, i've built several bob houses and wanted it built to my design that i've learned from over the years.

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Thanks Jiggin, I was in touch with Jason yesterday and went over a few options (too many)! But we'll figure something out for sure!
Life is good!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Northern all the way, great houses.  Love mine you will wonder why you waited so long.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2017, 09:07 AM »
First Bobhouse ever was a Mission (several companies put their names on these but I believe they are built by another company which name escapes me now)
Last season was my first ever with a Bobhouse and the Mission (5x8) was very adequate for how I fish. Tight and well made ( not knocking NFS at all) but $$ was a huge consideration. We sold the 5x8 and upgraded to a 6x10 for this season...got the new one at a discount because it had a hole punched through it near the roof line by a falling branch. Fixed the hole and are in the process of insulating it and installing in-out carpet and figuring where to cut the holes...the biggest concern for us is WEIGHT and these are pretty lightweight while being solid. Seeing all the shacks last season sinking into the ice in place and the trouble folks had with their heavier houses trying to move them to better ice (except for Jiggin and his “rescue Argo”) 😀 my wife and I appreciated the light weight of the Mission as we could manhandle it when we needed to. New house and trailer with a winch will make things even easier to put and take the house when the time comes. We also have a new vehicle to putt around the ice with...should be fun! C’mon winter!

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:12 PM »
I got a house from  Northern not happy with it . Door is 1 inch short window cutouts look like someone  was learning how to use a torch had to fill in with Putty to make it look good .  Runners on the bottom instead of being on the edge are in a foot so when you open the whole you see the runners

Sorry you are not happy with your house, we take pride in our work and would have happily made some changes or adjustments had you made us aware you were not happy. This is the first I have heard of any concerns. We use the highest quality materials, and our houses are built with a pitched roof and have many upgraded features than some of our cheaper competitors.....

With that being said, occasionally things can get overlooked and we would certainly make good on that if we were aware. As for the door, we always leave the door short on the bottom to ensure that ice or snow build up on the threshold does not become a problem. If this was a concern for you I could have installed a sweep or an adjustable door seat on the bottom.

We always place our runners as close to the size spacing of a four wheeler or snowmobile wheelbase in order to make the house pull better, and we always put the fish holes exactly where the customer requests them. This is why we gave you some extra hole covers for free so that you could add more in a better location.

Anyways, sorry you are disappointed, just wish we could have had the opportunity to make it right before you complain on this forum.

Jason
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.